Hunton

Hunton Owners meeting Cowes 2019

by ian h » 22 Aug 2019, 21:03

10 Hunton's gathered in Cowes Yacht Haven on Sunday 18th August for an informal get together

Boats ranged the the 1004 Rib up to the RS43. Cheetah the highly modified Hunton 37 was also present, which attracted a lot of attention. Peter Unwin its owner was happy to show everyone all is modifications. which include an aero wing on the front. this helps the boat to run flat in most sea conditions,

Jeff Hunton was guest of honour so to speak and took great joy in recounting is racing heritage in the Cowes to Torquay races and the Round Great Britain as well,
We were very lucky with the sunshine but the wind did get up to a force 6 gusting to force 7.

Do any other boat brands organise similar events?
Just a shame that they are no longer making these boats

Link to video of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKP1Z3IjSJw
ian h

by Ianfs » 23 Aug 2019, 08:21

Amazing video Ian, thanks for posting.

Solent chop on the return was interesting, the hulls didn't seem to realise it was a tad rough. :mrgreen:

by shibbs » 23 Aug 2019, 10:47

Great video, beautiful boats!!

Agree about the chop, looked so calm in the harbour. :D

by ian h » 23 Aug 2019, 16:40

On the way over in morning it was a F3 so usual, On way back it was F6 gusting F7
We were still doing 28 knots though and having fun. :D
Cowes is fairly sheltered and were right on the inside so protected . It was only once we got to the 6 knot limits that it chopped up.

The spray was blowing over the boat though from the boat infront, We are the boat in the wake of the Hunton taking the video
ian h

Return to Hunton