• Boat Banter

It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:36
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum

Towing toys behind a RIB

by sprocker » 10 Jul 2019, 13:41

So the grandkids are showing an interest in water toys....(More expense!)

I do have a tower on the RIB (Pics below), and assume the towing eye on the tower would be preferable than the towing eyes & a bridle on the transom?

Can anyone advise on which type of towing rope I should invest in? I assume floating? Length? Breaking strain for towing a single ring?

Can anyone also advise on a single adult/child inflatable ring, I don't want to jump in with a lot of expense if they're going to lose interest quickly.

20190105_133928Small.jpg
20190105_133928Small.jpg (75.72 KiB) Viewed 14251 times
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 12 Jul 2019, 06:59

Hey sprocker.

I don't have any advice about tow ropes or toys but I can advise with experience that if you want to keep them interested, make sure the sea is warm and go slow until they are absolutely busting to go faster. :D :lol:
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by ian h » 12 Jul 2019, 20:35

when I had the Fletcher we had standard length towropes, Do not know the length but they were standard, Yes Floating is best,

A single Ringo can be fun but also off putting, As IanFS has said go slowly to start with until they say they want to go quicker, Also make sure you have good fitting buoyancy aids for them and Wetsuits,
ian h
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by shibbs » 13 Jul 2019, 06:27

I’ve never really paid much attention to the ski ropes and toys ropes I use to be honest, but I do know that there are now much better kit available compared to the very old stuff I use, but, it does the job.
Definitely go for a floating line. Will save the amusement of fouled props!
As for the toys, I was brought up getting thrashed around on a single doughnut, which is still going strong 30 years later, but given the choice again, I would go for a 2 seater toy of some sort, if you can get 2 people on together at the same time, confidence and enjoyment will come much much quicker, in My opinion of course.
I’m sure it won’t be long before they’re asking for bigger engines so you can go even quicker!! :lol:
Something else that is worth thinking about that I have experienced with my boys, as already mentioned, a good fitting buoyancy aid, but also decent wetsuits. As soon as my boys get cold that’s the enjoyment over!
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by sprocker » 15 Jul 2019, 06:50

Thankyou gents, all good advice and appreciated.

I'll start looking around this week and weigh up the costs.
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Return to Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum

User Menu