  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

New Tow setup for 2015

by argonaut » 20 May 2015, 18:03

I took delivery of my new car .. having become frustrated with the DMF setup on manual 4x4s (see http://www.boatbanter.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=276)

Bought myself an automatic with the new ZF 9 speed automatic that all the luxury brands are now fitting ......

The car this time for me is the all new JEEP Cherokee. No longer the agricultural Cherokee, harping back to the days of the WW2 Wilys jeep .......... instead they have a very high spec and finished car squarely aimed at the luxury 4x4 end of the market.
First car I have had with air conditioned seats ;)

Took boat out for first time last week ... so not yet able to give a fair appraisal of its towing capability, I'll post a follow up in the future.

Colours match pretty well ....

Image
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Carl » 20 May 2015, 19:15

Looks a great setup .... 8-)

I'm not impressed at jeeps idea of styling though ... think they are trying too hard to "fit in" if you know what I mean .. :?
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by argonaut » 20 May 2015, 20:24

Styling is a personal thing ... I like the current Cherokee ... but not the previous. then look at Range Rover vogue ... think that is right piece of toss.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ColinR » 21 May 2015, 07:19

Looks a lot nicer than the old Jeep. Very flash looking setup :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Ianfs » 21 May 2015, 08:10

then look at Range Rover vogue ... think that is right piece of toss.

Now I think you are right that it is all down to personal taste, because I happen to think the Range Rover Vogue is a beautiful shape and typically elegant, plus its one hell of a machine.

However, glad you got your car sorted, the set up looks great and I bet it drives well too! :)

by ColinR » 21 May 2015, 09:02

It's the Evoque that really sets my teeth on edge. What a pointless pile of hairdressers car.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by argonaut » 21 May 2015, 09:18

My mistake ... it is that one I meant ..a land rover that can't tow ... real hair dressers car.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 21 May 2015, 13:19

Doesn't Sprocker own an Evoque?

If you want to Edit your posts, now might just be the time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by ColinR » 21 May 2015, 14:43

Sorry, can't change my opinion. Of course anyone has the right to disagree with me, even if they're wrong :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by sprocker » 21 May 2015, 20:19

Ianfs wrote:Doesn't Sprocker own an Evoque?

If you want to Edit your posts, now might just be the time! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In my defence.....its actually Mrs Sprockers company car.

I wasn't too keen when she first got it, but I have to admit it has grown on me and now I quite like driving it.

P.s. I'm an engineer....not a pair of scissors in sight!!
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

Next