It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 23:49

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 31 Jan 2019, 18:47

I have just been informed by a very good friend that he has just had his boat stolen up at Morecambe. John is one of the original gang that built the plug and made the moulds that I bought for my fast fisher project. I hGeoff.Thanks, ave posted this on the WSF forum, but thought it would be helpful if BB members could keep their eyes open.
Attachments
IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg (101.27 KiB) Viewed 130 times
IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg (98.75 KiB) Viewed 130 times
IMG_0872.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg (108.35 KiB) Viewed 130 times
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg (111.11 KiB) Viewed 130 times
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 01 Feb 2019, 07:38

It wouldn't surprise me if it had be stolen by the unscrupulous gangs exploiting refugees.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by lewlew100 » 01 Feb 2019, 19:37

I had not thought about that Ian, but it could th.at is possible. The gang (5 in total) knew exactly what they were doing, they cut through the security gate locks and the trailer wheel clamp. This was all caught on John's CCTV, but they used veagsry bright led lights which made the no plates and faces totally obscure. Scumbags. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 20 Feb 2019, 17:17

Still too cold for me to be working outside, but I now have collected my outboard (3 years in storage!!!) and i have managed to get hold of a complete used Baystar hydraulic steering system which is in full working order. The pipes are probably too short, but it is my intention to re-arrange the plumbing and bring all the motor controls into the boat via the middle of the transom to avoid limiting access to the swim platform. It does seem to be getting milder now so watch this space. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 21 Feb 2019, 22:19

I am very pleased to say that the police have found John's boat and that it is being collected tomorrow. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02