It is currently 24 Apr 2019, 18:36

Motor Boat Forum

Ilver Texa 28

by shibbs » 21 Mar 2019, 20:41

I’ve just seen an Ilver Texa for sale on the bay, I’ve never heard of this make.
Has anyone, any feedback on the boat, build quality, sea holding?
I quite like it, and to me seems like a good price..
Considering a Look... ;)

by Ianfs » 22 Mar 2019, 14:40

Nice looking boats Shibbs. In all my years of boating, I've never come across the make of even heard of them.

I did a bit of research though and it seems the are or were Italian built in a province of Monza and were set up in 1965. Most say they are extremely well made and of high quality, but I cannot find a website for them or any information to say they are still going. Here is an extract from a website about them....

"When a passion continues for more than four decades, it becomes history.
The same passion for the sea did begin an adventure that led ILVER - founded in 1965 - to become one of the most prestigious shipyards of the world scene, whose boats are synonymous with quality, elegance and reliability.

But the story is long, beginning in the mid-60s in Liss, a city in the province of Monza-Brianza over more than forty years the company grew, it expanded, but has maintained its tradition for handmade things and attention to every little detail.
ILVER always asks his team of artisans and co-workers the same care that usually characterizes the creation of a tailor made product: tailor-made and work of art."

Quite a lot of the smaller boats were fitted with petrol engines but there are a few with diesels. Oh and there is a Facebook page too. :D
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by lewlew100 » 22 Mar 2019, 17:28

Lovely looking boat, I love the interior. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02