It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 18:25

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

Prop protection

by ChrisH » 06 Mar 2019, 20:10

Someone posted a while ago about their dilemma of antifouling their stainless prop.
Spotted this post today. Might be of interest if you haven't come across it before. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by betty boop » 07 Mar 2019, 19:48

it took ages to find on google and a bit shady looking may be? - Im always wary of websites that give loads of WOW but no pictures of the product before's or afters or trials etc. IF it is as promised then could be good for those that need it ?
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by shibbs » 08 Mar 2019, 08:48

Thanks Chris, I will be taking a look, still not managed to find anything that works well on my prop.

by Ianfs » 08 Mar 2019, 11:42

it took ages to find on google and a bit shady looking may be? - Im always wary of websites that give loads of WOW but no pictures of the product before's or afters or trials etc. IF it is as promised then could be good for those that need it ?

I tend to agree, but the company was founded in 2015 by Michael Newton-Woof and he resigned in 2016, looks like he lost money. It was taken over by Keith Macgregor who turned it around from -17k to plus 18K net worth, so not all bad.

Only thing is, its £50 for the kit and only lasts up to a season, so £50 a year to antifoul the prop. I suppose if you own a big boat which comes out of the water every year and spend a couple of grand for someone to antifoul for you then an extra 50 is neither here nor there. :)
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by shibbs » 09 Mar 2019, 16:54

If it works and stays on, meaning the prop doesn’t need to be scrubbed before every outing I also think £50 for a season is neither here nor there.
If it turns out to be rubbish like others I’ve tried though I’d be just as annoyed. :lol:

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

User Menu