  • In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Season opener ..delay?

by argonaut » 22 Apr 2018, 17:16

Boat fully prepped, battery back in, Tower back on, prop refitted.
Engine serpentine belt refitted.

Today fully waxed hull ..incl. jacking boat up to get at area under rollers ....

So what is the issue .....

No Tow Car.
My new car was orerered, and all set up (with 10 week lead time) for handover on Friday.... on Thursday, get a call from dealer .... VAG group have issued a recall notice, and put a total block on all new cars being handed over.
Seems the signal boost amplifier has to be removed ... rumours on forums advise that the mobile phone amp has not yet been ‘certified/approved’, and VAG are removing them ..... hopefully I will get my car next week.

Sometimes - things are just out of your control.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 23 Apr 2018, 07:21

Touareg??? :)

by argonaut » 23 Apr 2018, 08:51

No the Kodiaq Edition 190 seat with DSG transmission ..... needed the 2500Kg Tow capacity
Wass going to get a Q5 .. but lead time was 37 weeks, plus it cost >£12k more
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ChrisH » 23 Apr 2018, 11:54

I looked at the Kodiaq last year but the dealer told me the towing capacity was about 1900 or 2000kg I think.
Is there a newer versions out now ?
Really liked it otherwise
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 23 Apr 2018, 12:24

Nice car. I read somewhere that the DSG gearbox is made by Borg Warner and is probably the best box in the world.

by argonaut » 23 Apr 2018, 13:14

Supposed to be very good ... and the 190hp Diesel is supposed to be class leading.
Hopefully without the deceit that VAG group did on emissions tests on other marque.

I'm not a petrol head .... car is a tool for me .... needs for 95% of time to be able to cruise happily & comfortably on motorway,./
Then be capable of towing my boat when needed,
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 23 Apr 2018, 15:31

ChrisH wrote..
I looked at the Kodiaq last year but the dealer told me the towing capacity was about 1900 or 2000kg I think.

The website gives the 5 seater as 2300kgs.

by Bigplumbs » 23 Apr 2018, 17:11

argonaut wrote:No the Kodiaq Edition 190 seat with DSG transmission ..... needed the 2500Kg Tow capacity
Wass going to get a Q5 .. but lead time was 37 weeks, plus it cost >£12k more

12K more You could get 3 Landrover Disco 2's for just the more amount :O

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by argonaut » 23 Apr 2018, 17:27

12k more for a Disco .... you must be joking, it would have to be less money to consider a Disco ..... not for me at all.
Too heavy, too slow, too unreliable for me. "Landrover making mechanics out of owners for 60 years"

(I did compare price, for same spec ... it was more like 18k difference.)
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ChrisH » 23 Apr 2018, 17:52

Ianfs wrote:ChrisH wrote..
I looked at the Kodiaq last year but the dealer told me the towing capacity was about 1900 or 2000kg I think.

The website gives the 5 seater as 2300kgs.
Nice. I think they have upgraded the spec.
Top pick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH