• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:15
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Princess

Princess 40

by sprocker » 03 Jan 2018, 11:28

Here you go Ian, most certainly not a sportsboat,

Almost 20 years ago my father and I saw our first Princess 40 Flybridge, at that point I told him "I'll have one of those one day", I finally realized my dream this week. The only sad part is that we lost my father two years ago, so he is not here to enjoy her with us.

We had been looking at upgrading to a 40' ish flybridge, and have viewed a lot of boats that were either good condition and very expensive, or poor condition and still expensive.

By chance we heard about this particular boat 'possibly coming up for sale' earlier in the year, through a friend that knew the boat and the owner, and vouched for her suitability. A couple of viewings, survey and sea trial followed, the deal was agreed, and we finally completed on her on 1st January. All without going onto the open market.

She is 1998 vintage, Twin TAMD63P with 650 hours and very highly specc'd. A very 'classic' looking Princess.

To say that we are over the moon with her is a massive understatement. She is a credit to her previous owner, and is everything that we need to allow us extend our cruising range even further, and allow our year round boat usage in more comfort.

Just waiting for a weather window to bring her around the coast to her home berth in Torquay.

Last edited by sprocker on 03 Jan 2018, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by shibbs » 03 Jan 2018, 16:02

:D
WOW!!! What a boat, bet your well chuffed!
Sounds like an example of things falling into place at the right time.
Ps, your signature is out of date... :lol:
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by sprocker » 03 Jan 2018, 18:24

Can't quite explain how chuffed Stu, everything just fell into place perfectly, from first finding the Princess, to selling our Sessa very quickly to the first viewer, right through to the whole deal going smoothly.

p.s. Signature sorted. ;)
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by ColinR » 03 Jan 2018, 22:08

Very very nice. I'm not jealous at all :D
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap

by shibbs » 03 Jan 2018, 22:10

So just being nosey here, what led to you moving on from the sessa so quickly, that was a lovely boat, did it just make you realise that the extra space was worth going for sooner rather than later or literally the right opportunity that couldn’t be ignored?
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by sprocker » 04 Jan 2018, 08:12

shibbs wrote:So just being nosey here, what led to you moving on from the sessa so quickly, that was a lovely boat, did it just make you realise that the extra space was worth going for sooner rather than later or literally the right opportunity that couldn’t be ignored?

A bit of both really Stu. The Sessa was a fantastic boat, no doubt about that, and it really extended our cruising range and usage (we only missed 6 weekends aboard all year, and spent 3 x 1 week holidays and a few long weekends away on her). But we found her short on storage space for extended holidays cruising (Maybe more of an issue for SWMBO than me. :roll: ).

We had intended to upgrade within the next coupe of years anyway, but when the P40 came up we thought it too good an opportunity to miss, so just went for it.
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 04 Jan 2018, 13:21

WOW!

It's not often I'm stuck for words but she is outstanding, with design features which defy age. Congratulations Andy and if you want some crew for the move, I'm there and I suspect Colin, Stu and a few others will be more than happy to throw a few ropes. :D
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by shibbs » 04 Jan 2018, 19:56

Ianfs wrote:Congratulations Andy and if you want some crew for the move, I'm there and I suspect Colin, Stu and a few others will be more than happy to throw a few ropes. :D

Just say the word!! :D :D
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by sprocker » 05 Jan 2018, 08:31

Plymouth to Torquay won't be quite as exciting as my last inaugural cruise from Hamble to Torquay,

Wait....what am I talking about....of course it will!!!

We are planning a week around the Solent this coming year, so maybe a beer & natter could be scheduled? I would welcome some experienced knowledge of
the IOW do's & don'ts.
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by ColinR » 05 Jan 2018, 16:46

Look forward to it.

All I can say is don't run aground of Ryde sands! It's very embarrassing and you get laughed at. (so I've heard :lol: :lol: :lol: )
ColinR

Next

Return to Princess

User Menu