  • In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Bimini - Not completly sure

by tim.holling » 12 Sep 2017, 15:41

Hi. Might have mentioned this before. I've got a small Bayliner bowrider and did similar. Used glass clear tarp for front, back, side panels. Works really well to give a bit of cover for a day boat.ImageImage

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
tim.holling
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 16:39

by Bigplumbs » 12 Sep 2017, 18:23

Tim

It was your pics that inspired me to make some sides and front. Wont win any beauty parades but that is not what it is about. If it means we get out in Cornwall in a couple of weeks it will be well worth it.

My Brother in Law makes tarps for aliving so I bought 6 m of 0.5 mm thick Clear PVC. This is where we are at so far. Just got to tidy it up a little abd make the fixings a little better. Al in all total cost including Bimini about £165.00

Dennis
Attachments
DSCF9208 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9208 (Medium).JPG (184.17 KiB) Viewed 17819 times
DSCF9206 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9206 (Medium).JPG (291.26 KiB) Viewed 17819 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by tim.holling » 12 Sep 2017, 21:30

Bigplumbs wrote:Tim

It was your pics that inspired me to make some sides and front. Wont win any beauty parades but that is not what it is about. If it means we get out in Cornwall in a couple of weeks it will be well worth it.

My Brother in Law makes tarps for aliving so I bought 6 m of 0.5 mm thick Clear PVC. This is where we are at so far. Just got to tidy it up a little abd make the fixings a little better. Al in all total cost including Bimini about £165.00

Dennis
Looks good. Great that you can get the tarps cut to the correct size as well to keep them neat. We found the best thing has meant when moored in the marina even when it's cold, if the sun is out we can put the bimini up, drop the tarps and we've got a warm greenhouse on the water.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
tim.holling
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 16:39

by Bigplumbs » 13 Sep 2017, 06:27

Yes indeed we were cleaning the boat yesterday ready for our trip and it was very warm in there. It should mean we can have a few trips out in the later part of the year. But main reason was for our trip to Cornwall Fowey area

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by tim.holling » 13 Sep 2017, 11:21

Bigplumbs wrote:Yes indeed we were cleaning the boat yesterday ready for our trip and it was very warm in there. It should mean we can have a few trips out in the later part of the year. But main reason was for our trip to Cornwall Fowey area

Dennis
Hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
tim.holling
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 16:39

by mlines » 13 Sep 2017, 12:07

If you are enclosing the cockpit remember to fit a CO alarm or test yours if you have one fitted.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Bigplumbs » 13 Sep 2017, 13:32

mlines wrote:If you are enclosing the cockpit remember to fit a CO alarm or test yours if you have one fitted.

Good advice but I have a huge gaping hole at the back and also it is an outboard and there are quite a few gaps

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by mlines » 13 Sep 2017, 13:36

Its the hole at the back thats the issue.

It recirculates over the transom and into the back as you go along. We found our alarm would sound in this circumstance

Image
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire