  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

News, Meets and Events

Isle of Wight 2015

by mlines » 24 Jul 2015, 19:23

So we have just returned from our cadet camp at Newtown Creek on the Isle of Wight. Here are an initial set of boat related pictures which I could not upload earlier due to no Internet access.

I do have the hi-res originals.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 24 Jul 2015, 19:46

Superb pictures Martin as usual, which camera do you use?

If I was Ianh I would be delighted with the shots of his boat. Funny but the front views of the Hunton don't really give away its length until you see the side views, then wow!

Witch Way is a beautiful craft, I bet you two are very proud of her. :)

by ian h » 24 Jul 2015, 20:08

Thanks for posting Marin,

I do get to drive my boat occasionally , But Simon seems to be the 1 at the helm a lot of the time, May be he should be paying the fuel bill too :D

Some fantastic photo's there, And yes would like to have a few Hi Res if possible,

Witch Way looks a fab boat too.

"If I was Ianh I would be delighted with the shots of his boat. Funny but the front views of the Hunton don't really give away its length until you see the side views, then wow!"

Know what you mean Ian, they are deciving from the front . was running about 43 knots in some of those pictures
ian h

by mlines » 24 Jul 2015, 20:15

Ian h - Let me know which ones and I will arrange to get them to you.

The camera is a Pentax DSLR (istDL2). I have always had Pentax cameras and tend to use them to destruction so its getting on a bit now. Its battered and worn but in the past I have had a number of gleaming well cared for cameras only to find they have no trade in or resale value when its time to change them so now it is used til it breaks.

Oh, and its a 300mm Pentax zoom lens.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 24 Jul 2015, 20:45

Oh, and its a 300mm Pentax zoom lens

Great camera and totally get your point about using them to destruction, its all about the lens too and that one is top draw.

by mark101 » 25 Jul 2015, 18:21

Fantastic pictures Martin. Always looks strange to me when a FB is underway with no one visibly at the helm!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by Ianfs » 25 Jul 2015, 21:12

Y'know Mark I hadn't really thought about it until you just mentioned it, but yeah, the Flybridge nose on looks ok under way but from the stern looks very strange, model boat - remote control like! :shock:

Those Sunny 31's look very racy under way, but they really are dated when you look closely at the interiors.

by Xboatboyx » 25 Jul 2015, 21:17

Ianfs wrote: Those Sunny 31's look very racy under way, but they really are dated when you look closely at the interiors.

The one in the photo must have some big engines as it was going at fair pace for a boat of that size and age.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by mlines » 26 Jul 2015, 11:19

And a short video clip

Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 26 Jul 2015, 13:39

The one in the photo must have some big engines as it was going at fair pace for a boat of that size and age.

Call me geeky but, even with the average AD41's and 400hp most of them are pretty swift once on the plane, Don Shead is a master.

However, with your knowledge of boats James which, I can only say is excellent and describe your learning curve as reaching ballistic proportions in the last few years, therefore with your description of a fair pace, it could be one of the original versions with Volvo 265 petrol's, so at 530hp in a 4 ton boat, would be impressive. On the other hand I know of one or two which were fitted with KAD 300's, so at 600hp they would fly! :mrgreen:

Next

Return to News, Meets and Events