  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

News, Meets and Events

Round the Island

by ColinR » 19 May 2015, 10:54

Anyone up for this again this year?

How about July, weather permitting of course.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by mlines » 19 May 2015, 13:32

We have a VERY busy July with lots of activities. However, I have Newtown Creek booked (the land around the East of the creek, including Clamerkin Lake) from Sunday 19th to Friday 24th along with our boat booked into Yarmouth that same period. So, whilst I realise that apart from Sunday afternoon/evening the rest of the days are weekdays, we are around and people are welcome to come ashore to say hello (or race James up and down the Solent)
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 19 May 2015, 15:41

I would like to do this at some point but unfortunately think the wife and kids wouldn't enjoy it too much,
Especially if it turned lumpy on the southern side.
With that said, I don't think I would be able to justify that much cost in fuel to just go and do it on my own unfortunately. :(

by ColinR » 19 May 2015, 15:58

We usually double up to share the cost. I've taken various passengers in the past.

My boss, like yours, is not interested so it tends to be a lads day out.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by ian h » 19 May 2015, 20:18

Still not got round the island so happy to join in .

How far is the round trip from Saxon round the Island and back to Saxon ? I reckon about 70 miles in total ?
ian h

by ColinR » 20 May 2015, 07:44

Nearer 80 with a bit of faffing about. Easily done on a tank full even if playing at high speed.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by betty boop » 20 May 2015, 08:17

always up for a laff, Julyis as good as any nothign booked weekends as far as Im aware.

Pending unemployment will be a cost reduction factor and I'd never be allowed to forget it if I came alone so +1 girlie.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by ian h » 20 May 2015, 19:52

ColinR wrote:Nearer 80 with a bit of faffing about. Easily done on a tank full even if playing at high speed.

Thats ok only 3rd of a tank
ian h

by shibbs » 20 May 2015, 21:50

ian h wrote:
ColinR wrote:Nearer 80 with a bit of faffing about. Easily done on a tank full even if playing at high speed.

Thats ok only 3rd of a tank

You'll also be quick enough to do it twice in the time of everyone else's once and still have spare! :lol:

by _Ed_ » 21 May 2015, 01:23

If I can do the date what ever that is - count me in. :)
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner