  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Boat Projects Forum

Interior tidy up

by shibbs » 10 Apr 2015, 21:57

Well, finally, i'm almost done. I've spent the last few days finishing and fitting it all back together. Whilst I've been at it, i've done a full service, antifoul, etc etc. So, should be back in the water early next week.
anyway, take a look and see what you think, the finish isn't by any means perfect and lots learned should i do it again, but i'm happy with it and think it looks much cleaner and modern. Just the curtains to go back up now. (Honest opinions welcomed!!) :D
Image
Image
Image
Image

I decided against the head lining in the end, my thoughts are, that i'd rather wait until I have a few more £ and get that done by the professionals. I looked into it, and decided that i wouldn't be able to get a good enough finish on it, too big with too many changes of direction etc.

by ColinR » 13 Apr 2015, 14:17

Looking good :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 16 May 2015, 21:19

Opinion time please gents..
Some may remember what i started with - cooker cover that was faded, cracked and looked awful..
Image
well i tried to find a replacement / come up with a new one etc but all failed, so i set about filling repairing and re-painting to give the following finish..
Image
(Crack still visible so more work required..)
Image
Image
And now it looks like this-
Image
My question is (at long last i hear you say :lol: ) i was considering painting the writing in a red colour to match some of the decals on the boat, i have edited it on the computer roughly to give an idea what it will look like painted, i think it would look something like this
Image
It's situated on the left in this pic in the boat to give a better idea.
Image
Sorry for all the pictures but hopefully it will give a better idea and prompt some honest opinions as to what you think will look better.
Thanks in advance.. 8-)

by ColinR » 16 May 2015, 21:23

Looks like a pretty good job to me. :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 16 May 2015, 21:27

What's your thoughts, red or plain as it is? :?:

by Ianfs » 16 May 2015, 22:14

Sorry Stu I've read your post several times but can't actually find what your question is.

If its whether to paint in the red of the Draco then it would be good to see where it is in place in order to get a picture. But initially I would say go plain.

by shibbs » 16 May 2015, 22:35

Ianfs wrote:Sorry Stu I've read your post several times but can't actually find what your question is.

If its whether to paint in the red of the Draco .

Yes I agree, I did go on a bit! :?
The question.... should I paint it red or leave it? :)

by sprocker » 17 May 2015, 08:24

I think you've done a superb job there!

Regarding the cooker cover, how about painting the logo grey with a red outline? Bit more difficult but it would match your seat colours?
Last edited by sprocker on 17 May 2015, 16:38, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by shibbs » 17 May 2015, 08:38

Hi Sprocker, Thanks for the comments.
Nothing like a challenge, i like that idea though, may look into that, as you say, could be a little tricky though?

by Ianfs » 17 May 2015, 15:38

Actually I like Sprockers idea. Too much red looks a bit naff so I would go plain but didn't think of a subtle line which might look great! :)

Previous

Return to Boat Projects Forum