• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:03
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Newbie in plymouth

by Tpor36 » 06 Sep 2019, 09:07

Hello. I have just purchase my first boat, 17ft cabin cruiser with a nice 50hp 4 stroke yamaha on the back. The interior needs some works but only as it is dated. Just wanted to say hello. Where is the best place to get service parts for the outboard from and antifoul?

Rob
Tpor36
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 09:01

by sprocker » 06 Sep 2019, 12:33

Hi Rob,

I'm also in Plymouth, great cruising area!

Force4 at QAB always have a good choice of antifoul.
Promarine (Also at QAB) have served me well in the past for outboard servicing and spares.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by shibbs » 09 Sep 2019, 08:53

Hi Rob,

WRT parts, I get most of mine from keypart and Repower Marine in Falmouth but not sure if they do outboard parts, might be worth a look.
Easiest way is a google search for the engine specific and see what comes up, I’m sure some feedback can be given on recommendations then..

by Ianfs » 09 Sep 2019, 09:59

Hi Rob

As sprocker has said, Force 4 are usually good for most things and their prices have become more competitive in the last few years. Parts do tend to be cheaper online but watch out for cheap copies.

If you are a little mechanically minded the Yamaha should be easy to service.

by shibbs » 09 Sep 2019, 20:44

What is the boat out of interest?

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!

User Menu