  • In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

Volvo Penta ADP31

by Ianfs » 24 Jul 2018, 20:21

Both twins Chris.

by ChrisH » 24 Jul 2018, 21:26

Ianfs wrote:Both twins Chris.
Ok. But the seawings is single.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 25 Jul 2018, 09:17

Ok. But the seawings is single.

Agreed but, my point was and I really didn't explain it properly, sorry about that, the Sealine S28 and Fairline Targa 29 have twin engines and weigh approx. 4000 kgs. The AD31P 150hp engines will get them both on the plane but it takes a bit longer and sometimes with lots of people on board they struggle a lot, I know I've been on board a couple.
So this is why Volvo added the compressor and called it a KAD32. I have subsequently been out in both the Fairline and the Sealine with these engines and there is a marked difference.

Whats this got to do with the Seawings 254 you now ask. Well you asked this question earlier........
How is the ad31 going to handle 2tons of 24ft boat. I know it wont be a rocket ship but i dont want to have to ask my passengers to relocate into the cabin in order to get in the plane either , any thoughts. ? Am i right in assuming that the power delivery charsctersistics of 150hp diesel will be different to equiv petrol?

I think the Seawings will handle ok with the single engine, it's half the weight of the other two I mentioned and it is some 6ft shorter and 2ft narrower so with a 150HP engine she will do just fine. You are right she won't be a rocket ship but power delivery will be acceptable because of the torque available.

I'm not sure about a direct comparison with a petrol engine I'll let someone else answer that one. :)

by MartynG » 01 Aug 2018, 21:00

A pair of kad32's on sterndrive - kad 32s are always sterndrive
Image

The supercharger (kompressor) is top left of each engine.
AD31 basically the same engine (not supercharged)an may be matched to sterndrive of shaft drive
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

Previous

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair