• Boat Banter

It is currently 24 May 2024, 06:01

General Sailing Forum

Don't know if you guys have been watching this but..

by Ianfs » 03 Nov 2016, 22:01

there are lots of couples sailing around the world at the moment, but it seems that these two might have just started it off. Laura and I have been captivated by these two , they seem genuinely lovely, although the last video is a little commercial.

Here's number 1....

Check out their channel, its great. This is number 1, there are currently 61 episodes.

by betty boop » 04 Nov 2016, 08:30

time on your hands Ian? :lol:

This caught my eye last month, they left our local port in Wisbech some time ago. When you read into their on going blog (for over 6 years a feat in itself for oldies) its very interesting how they have decided to just go off grid on a house boat, stay wild and see the UK. Mind you having been in Wisbech for 3 years I can see why they don't want to come back. :lol:

Trouble is now Me and and the little lady can't decide to sail off in a yacht (yes I said it), saunter off in a house boat/barge and stay in the canal system/may be make it to the EU canal system or motor off in a motorhome with a small rib/OB. too many decisions too little money :mrgreen:

http://noproblem.org.uk/blog/
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 04 Nov 2016, 09:29

This caught my eye last month, they left our local port in Wisbech some time ago. When you read into their on going blog (for over 6 years a feat in itself for oldies) its very interesting how they have decided to just go off grid on a house boat, stay wild and see the UK. Mind you having been in Wisbech for 3 years I can see why they don't want to come back

So I'm reading your post this morning and thinking what on Earth is he on about?? Have I posted the wrong video or something, cos' Elayna and Riley are definitely Aussies and not that old and are cruising the Pacific area's, nothing to do with Wisbech! :? :roll:

Dohhhh, then I saw your link at the bottom. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

time on your hands Ian?

Well, funny you should say that, on the odd occasion I do have 5 mins to spare I sometimes switch the TV in the lounge with a cuppa and pop a programme on, Discovery Shed or Sky Atlantic, but then the bloody adverts appear arrgh!! :twisted: So I switch it over to YouTube and watch a few clips of mostly boats. :D Sorted!

by betty boop » 05 Nov 2016, 15:56

Ianfs wrote:
[...]

Ha did I catch you out? pay attention :-) I was typing away and then forgot to add the link hence why it was at the bottom - Sorry :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Matt13 » 05 Nov 2016, 21:23

I've been watching and subscribing to these guys for a while now Ian , they will soon be new owners of a brand new catamaran.

I also subscribe to these guys who have been sailing for 7 years now on SV Delos , visiting some amazing places along the way plus they crew seem to work so well together.

This vid is from a week ago

Also if you have a bit more time on your hands and want to watch quite a interesting and moving story about one guy who decides to sail around the world have a look at this.
User avatar
Matt13
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by Ianfs » 07 Nov 2016, 10:57

I've seen some of SV Delos. This seems to be an up and coming thing to do and get sponsored for it. People seem to want to send them money to have a great time as long as they can see the footage.

by Matt13 » 07 Nov 2016, 20:08

Ianfs wrote:I've seen some of SV Delos. This seems to be an up and coming thing to do and get sponsored for it. People seem to want to send them money to have a great time as long as they can see the footage.

yep they're onto a winner !
User avatar
Matt13
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by betty boop » 08 Nov 2016, 08:38

Ianfs wrote:I've seen some of SV Delos. This seems to be an up and coming thing to do and get sponsored for it. People seem to want to send them money to have a great time as long as they can see the footage.

Well theres my plan for the future then, have a really good time and get someone else to pay for it for a few films every month. Heres my plan - make a daily film of my life, my struggle with boredom after looking at the worlds greatest boating forum, then DIY/cooking/dog walking/cleaning etc etc etc as a forced house husband whilst I look for another job. Buy me a beer titles will appear at the end with a message with my paypal account for donations to be made. What do you think, a worth idea? Im getting quite excited. :mrgreen: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by sprocker » 08 Nov 2016, 10:45

betty boop wrote:Well theres my plan for the future then, have a really good time and get someone else to pay for it for a few films every month. Heres my plan - make a daily film of my life, my struggle with boredom after looking at the worlds greatest boating forum, then DIY/cooking/dog walking/cleaning etc etc etc as a forced house husband whilst I look for another job. Buy me a beer titles will appear at the end with a message with my paypal account for donations to be made. What do you think, a worth idea? Im getting quite excited. :mrgreen: :lol:

The one major thing missing from your plan is pretty bikini clad young things!
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by ColinR » 08 Nov 2016, 13:01

I have no desire to see BB in a bikini thanks you. Mind you a lot of people would pay for him NOT to wear one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap