It is currently 21 Sep 2019, 19:22

General Sailing Forum

Bavaria 32

by MartynG » 30 Apr 2019, 18:58

Any good ?
Image

A good friend has recently bought this.

.
User avatar
MartynG
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: Farndon

by Ianfs » 01 May 2019, 09:59

Hi Martyn

I know a little about Bavaria's, they seem to be favoured amongst the cruising/liveaboard fraternity and are laid out very well. Their yachts are well made good blue water cruisers and can be adapted reasonably easily i.e. water makers etc. I think their yachts are built to a high standard but I understand that some of their motor cruisers suffered from interior cracking which some have thought was due to lack of interior structural rigidity. Although in my experience the ones I've looked at have been fine.

The 32 is a well laid out boat for its size, early boats have a sugar scoop for bathing and tender which can be a bit of a pain, but only if you intend to jump in the water a lot. I think the later ones had a let down platform. Only one head for a 6 people might be a bit friendly but it would be hard to fit another without loosing space. I would be interested to know why the bow fender has been attached, is it genuine, i.e. good protection, or is it hiding a nasty gash?

Bavaria have been through some turbulent times recently although they are not the only boat builders to suffer from this as we all know. They acquired Nautitech Catamarans a while ago but last year went into administration. I'm not sure without looking it up but I think they had a new investor and have very recently have another team in place.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by MartynG » 01 May 2019, 19:07

Ianfs wrote: I would be interested to know why the bow fender has been attached, is it genuine, i.e. good protection, or is it hiding a nasty gash?
.

The bow fender looks new - it is secured by ropes which you may be able to see in the picture.
Not sure if the fender was fixed by my friend - he was not there , we just went for along as and looked from the outside , as we were in the area.

I understand it has two cabins
One at the stern starboard side with the heads on the port side. So a four person boat, for sleeping on, in practice.
We had six sleeping on our two cabin boat once - but we do know the other two couples very well and had access to shore facilities. A one night only event .
User avatar
MartynG
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: Farndon

by shibbs » 01 May 2019, 20:41

I was going to say the only Bavaria I had heard of were the motor boats, I didn’t know it was the same company.
And I know nothing at all about boats with sails. :D
Looks
Very nice in the picture though.

by Ianfs » 03 May 2019, 06:36

Yes Bavaria are predominantly yacht builders and are the same company which build motor cruisers. :)

I hadn't noticed the ropes on the bow fender, looks like it's a quick remove, that's a nice touch.

It is generally a 4 berth but typically with most yachts it has the facility to accommodate 2 more in the dining area. They class it as a 6 berth, but as you said Martyn, you would all have to know each other well. :D
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by MartynG » 14 May 2019, 07:09

The chief officer and I have been invited to go sailing on said boat in mid June. We can only hope for good sailing weather - by which I mean very slight sea and not too windy !
User avatar
MartynG
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: Farndon

by shibbs » 16 May 2019, 08:35

Sounds nice. Where will you be heading to / from?

Return to General Sailing Forum

User Menu