It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 03:53

General Sailing Forum

Ionian holiday October 2018

by MartynG » 08 Oct 2018, 11:48

Just returned from a week in Greece - South Ionian . Bavaria 41.
The weather was good - always pleasantly  warm , occasionally hot, a bit English one day . Made 7 knots under sail on a couple of occasions which was fun.

Image
.
Image
.
Image
User avatar
MartynG
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: Farndon

by ChrisH » 10 Oct 2018, 19:29

Looks amazing.. could do we some of that now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by MartynG » 11 Oct 2018, 17:18

The weather was pretty good - generally pleasantly warm and only occasionally hot. Wind speed and direction very unpredictable.
Lots of sailing boats in use but even more in the marinas .

I am not sure I would want to be their a the height of summer . It would be very hot sleeping n the boat and the fight for moorings would spoil the day .
User avatar
MartynG
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer