• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 May 2024, 13:05

General Sailing Forum

Cheeky evening sail to the Needles

by Ianfs » 28 Jun 2018, 08:42

We managed a short evening sail from Lymington to about a NM passed the Needles yesterday evening. The wind was weird and it just shows you that weather channels are not as accurate as often thought. I've always said that if they say F3 SW and we have low pressure, expect F4 from all angles, if it says F2 with high pressure then F1 or calmer.

Passed the Needles it picked up and we got some really good sailing in and with a little help from a sea breeze on the way back and with some tacking we made good way.

My son took his drone and got some great footage which I hope I can publish soon, but in the mean time here are a few shots.

Needles1.jpg
Needles1.jpg (204.71 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

Needles2.jpg
Needles2.jpg (214.19 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

Needles3.jpg
Needles3.jpg (217.65 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

Needles4.jpg
Needles4.jpg (243.59 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

Needles6.jpg
Needles6.jpg (652.12 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

Needles8.jpg
Needles8.jpg (377.11 KiB) Viewed 15674 times

by ColinR » 28 Jun 2018, 11:25

Very nice Ian. I'm jealous.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 28 Jun 2018, 21:21

I can’t help but think your slowly converting Ian...? :lol:

by ChrisH » 28 Jun 2018, 21:41

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ColinR » 29 Jun 2018, 09:52

shibbs wrote:I can’t help but think your slowly converting Ian...? :lol:

It's an age thing :lol:
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Ianfs » 29 Jun 2018, 10:47

It's an age thing

Eerrr, pot kettle. :lol:

by ColinR » 29 Jun 2018, 11:15

Ianfs wrote:
It's an age thing

Eerrr, pot kettle. :lol:

As I said, I'm jealous :D

Hopefully I have a fishing trip tomorrow out of Christchurch. (not on a saily thing though) :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by ian h » 29 Jun 2018, 20:00

I wish we lived down the coast as would have been out every eve,

Planning the second trip of the year :lol: for Sunday
ian h

by Ianfs » 02 Jul 2018, 09:21

I wish we lived down the coast as would have been out every eve,

I wish I had your boat. :lol:

by ColinR » 02 Jul 2018, 09:27

Ianfs wrote:
I wish we lived down the coast as would have been out every eve,

I wish I had your boat. :lol:

With the current fuel prices? Ar you sure :(
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap