Sealine

Sealine S24

by kwil » 11 May 2017, 15:10

I am the worlds worst photographer but I have managed to find a couple of half recognisable shots.
IMG_2016 (800x600).jpg
IMG_2016 (800x600).jpg (280.53 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

Taken in Fleetwood

IMG_2021 (600x800).jpg
IMG_2021 (600x800).jpg (235.62 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

The engine space, not sure why I have it on its side the original isn't.

IMG_2018 (800x600).jpg
IMG_2018 (800x600).jpg (254.22 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

Modified dash to take modern instruments

Keith
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by kwil » 11 May 2017, 15:35

kwil wrote:I am the worlds worst photographer but I have managed to find a couple of half recognisable shots.
IMG_2016 (800x600).jpg

Taken in Fleetwood

IMG_2021 (600x800).jpg

The engine space, not sure why I have it on its side the original isn't.

IMG_2018 (800x600).jpg

Modified dash to take modern instruments

Keith




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by kwil » 11 May 2017, 15:38

On my PCs the engine space pic is on its side but on my iPad all is ok, plus I am having finger trouble, matron will be along shortly to give me my pills!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by sprocker » 12 May 2017, 06:57

Spotless engine bay there Keith, a credit to you!

I love the fact the Sealine Gelcoat their engine bays, so much easier to keep clean than mine.
Boatless again, but chasing the dream!
User avatar
sprocker
 
Posts: 413
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 18:24
Location: Torbay, Devon

by kwil » 12 May 2017, 07:16

sprocker wrote:Spotless engine bay there Keith, a credit to you!

I love the fact the Sealine Gelcoat their engine bays, so much easier to keep clean than mine.


The fact that the engine bay is gel coated does help, but KAD32 is such a big lump just reaching some parts is difficult. For instance you are supposed to regularly grease the steering arm, the only way to do this is hire a contortionist or remove part of the engine. My solution was to fit a remote greaser, it is now a 2 second job.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by Ianfs » 12 May 2017, 16:35

The S24 has a better interior and helm than the S23/25, that blue finish on the helm on the 23/25 is very plastic. I understand your reasons for the cockpit area,, the S24 has more space, but I like the door and the face to face seating on the 23/25.

I have a question though, she is a 25 footer with a 9ft beam, what is her sea keeping like and does she roll at anchor?
Ianfs
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 24 Nov 2014, 18:40
Location: Hampshire, by the Sea

by ChrisH » 12 May 2017, 20:20

Wow how do you get your engine bay like that. Mine is minging.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 17:13

by kwil » 13 May 2017, 07:15

Ianfs wrote:The S24 has a better interior and helm than the S23/25, that blue finish on the helm on the 23/25 is very plastic. I understand your reasons for the cockpit area,, the S24 has more space, but I like the door and the face to face seating on the 23/25.

I have a question though, she is a 25 footer with a 9ft beam, what is her sea keeping like and does she roll at anchor?


There are aspects of both models that we liked, but for us being 2up most of the time the 24 won on balance.

I agree about the blue dash.

She does move about a bit, no more than any similar sized planing boat. It is more moving to the wind than rolling. I've been on much larger boats that roll like a pendulum, this does not do that, even so we pick our anchorages for a quiet night.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by kwil » 13 May 2017, 07:19

ChrisH wrote:Wow how do you get your engine bay like that. Mine is minging.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


As has been said before Sealine fit a smooth liner to the engine bay so wiping down is simple, but I will let you into a secret there are parts that I cannot easily reach and do not get the attention they deserve.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27


Return to Sealine