Sunseeker

Portofino 25

by TorbayRob » 04 Apr 2017, 21:37

This section looked a bit empty, so last week we agreed a deal on a 1983 Sunseeker Portofino 25!

She's in overall excellent and original condition except that the current owner has hand painted the coloured strips... Repowered in 2002 with a 246hp Steyr 6 cylinder turbo-diesel and a Bravo One drive, I'm hoping she should offer an economical cruise and permit us to do some longer runs to Dorset and Cornwall. The hull is coppercoated and she comes with a twin axle trailer, so self launch and recovery should help keep costs minimal. We're currently waiting on a berth in Torquay which would be an ideal location for us 10 minutes from home!

I will post some pictures when we pick up in a few weeks, but will link one and provide a broker link in the meanwhile...

Exciting times!

Image

http://parkstonebayyachts.com/boats-for ... le-4747367
TorbayRob
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Torbay (or pub if it's raining)

by sprocker » 05 Apr 2017, 09:12

Nice classic Rob. She does look in very good condition for her age. Very much looking forward to seeing her in the flesh.

Has the HMO given you any idea on length of waiting list? I know when we first applied we were offered a berth the following month (April 2015).
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by TorbayRob » 05 Apr 2017, 17:49

Hi Andy,

Yes I think she's in overall good shape. The pictures are over a year old but a good polish will sort most out :D

The HM said I was 15th on the list when I put name down in early March, but to expect a call soon as they knew a number were not renewing. You also find that when they ring around people have made other arrangements or no longer need etc, so 2 empty berths can clear the list! Plan B is to leave at work for while, but that's further from home and we tend to use current boat more around the Bay so Torquay is a better location. I can also walk down in 25 minutes or jump on a bus door-to-door!

I'll let you know when she's afloat. 8-)

Regards,

Robin
TorbayRob
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Torbay (or pub if it's raining)

Return to Sunseeker