• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:12

Draco

Draco 2500 Crystal

by shibbs » 22 Feb 2015, 23:09

Didn't realize i hadn't transferred pics over. I'd imagine all on here have already seen all my pictures of her already! 8-)
1992 Draco Crystal, 5.7 Merc Alpha one.
Chin Chin.
Owned since June 2014.
Previous boat - 'borrowed' from the old man in about 2005 - 1984 Draco 1800 daycab, (owned from 1 year old).
Image
Image
More to follow once the interior refurb is complete... :P

by Doc Oakley » 10 Jun 2015, 17:57

That's a classic and looks lovely!

Simon.
Bonwitco 385/Evinrude E-Tec 25; Wetline 265/Honda 5
Doc Oakley
Able Rate
Able Rate

Location: North Worcestershire

by Carl » 11 Jun 2015, 20:01

8-) 8-) .. What a Beauty .. 8-)
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by Draco » 05 Sep 2015, 09:21

Lovely boat. We have a 1990 Crystal with twin engines .
Draco
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 12:11

by shibbs » 05 Sep 2015, 11:10

Hi Draco,
Where about a are you based?
Twin merc 4.3's?
Let's have some pictures then.. :D
At last I'm not all alone.. :mrgreen:

by Ianfs » 05 Sep 2015, 13:08

A very warm welcome Draco.

And +1, what he said. :D

by Draco » 09 Sep 2015, 17:05

Thanks for the welcome.
We have twin 3.0lx's installed.
Currently the boat is at Hartlepool marina . We also tow her to Salcombe and occasionally up to the West coast of Scotland.
I will hunt out some pictures.
It is good to come across another Crystal owner .

Simon
Draco
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 12:11

by mark101 » 09 Sep 2015, 18:39

Welcome and Salcombe hey? My favorite place ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by shibbs » 09 Sep 2015, 20:24

Draco wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
We have twin 3.0lx's installed.
Currently the boat is at Hartlepool marina . We also tow her to Salcombe and occasionally up to the West coast of Scotland.
I will hunt out some pictures.
It is good to come across another Crystal owner .

Simon

Out of interest, what do you tow with and how do you find the long journey?

by Draco » 11 Sep 2015, 18:00

We tow with a 110 td5 defender.
I enjoy towing the boat even for the long journey down to Salcombe.
What I find really important is to make sure that the trailer has been properly serviced. We also try to tow with a nearly empty fuel tank and ensure that the weight distribution on the trailer is right.
Draco
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 12:11