• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 May 2024, 18:18

Overseas

Good sites

Launch sites, slipways and cruising overseas.

by Ridgewoodwoody » 28 Nov 2014, 14:48

We are looking for good boating areas in Europe to take our 3 metre inflatable with 6hp outboard. We want self-catering accommodation and ideally interesting waterways, lakes nearby.
Grateful for any suggestions.
Ridgewoodwoody
Able Rate
Able Rate

by Matt13 » 28 Nov 2014, 15:10

This is still one of my favourite videos from one of our forumites (sorry Ive forgotten name my minds gone blank :oops: ) From Lac d'Annecy in France, worth a trip I reckon!

User avatar
Matt13
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by ChrisH » 30 Nov 2014, 20:18

Ridgewoodwoody wrote:We are looking for good boating areas in Europe to take our 3 metre inflatable with 6hp outboard. We want self-catering accommodation and ideally interesting waterways, lakes nearby.
Grateful for any suggestions.

Camping Nautic Almata in Spain. Lovely run up the river to the local village. Or in the morning you can go out to sea before the wind gets up and head around to Empuria Brava. This is like Venice of Spain from a waterway perspective. Lots of people on the campsite with boats from your size up to 20 footers.
User avatar
ChrisH

by mlines » 30 Nov 2014, 21:00

That video is "Well Earned", our partner in crime from Val Wyatt marina in Wargrave. Not heard a lot from them recently but they are still around and they went to the lake again in the summer.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ridgewoodwoody » 03 Dec 2014, 09:10

Thanks to each of you for the replies - really useful and am following up.
Ridgewoodwoody
Able Rate
Able Rate

by betty boop » 03 Dec 2014, 13:25

I was thinking a driving / camping holiday in 2015 - I would love to take BB but this makes post made me think about inflatables, Can you rent them? would only be for 2 peeps 6hp would be enough, thrown in the car and off camping would I need my ICC also?

Just an idea that it would give a bit more flexibility and take out the pain in the a## of towing.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by ChrisH » 03 Dec 2014, 13:58

betty boop wrote:I was thinking a driving / camping holiday in 2015 - I would love to take BB but this makes post made me think about inflatables, Can you rent them? would only be for 2 peeps 6hp would be enough, thrown in the car and off camping would I need my ICC also?

Just an idea that it would give a bit more flexibility and take out the pain in the a## of towing.

I've not seen any for rent, and any large boats are very expensive to rent.
I used to take my 3.8m Zodiac with me, rolled up and strapped to a roof rack. The 15HP and floor went in my caravan.
If you had an inflatable floor and small OB, I think you will be fine if you put the boat on the roof, especially if you have a large boot.
ICC and insurance are a must. That said, no one has ever asked me for mine.
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 03 Dec 2014, 14:13

ChrisH wrote:
betty boop wrote:I was thinking a driving / camping holiday in 2015 - I would love to take BB but this makes post made me think about inflatables, Can you rent them? would only be for 2 peeps 6hp would be enough, thrown in the car and off camping would I need my ICC also?

Just an idea that it would give a bit more flexibility and take out the pain in the a## of towing.

I've not seen any for rent, and any large boats are very expensive to rent.
I used to take my 3.8m Zodiac with me, rolled up and strapped to a roof rack. The 15HP and floor went in my caravan.
If you had an inflatable floor and small OB, I think you will be fine if you put the boat on the roof, especially if you have a large boot.
ICC and insurance are a must. That said, no one has ever asked me for mine.

IMAG0042 small.jpg
Zodiac rolled up in tarp on the roof bars
IMAG0042 small.jpg (201.85 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
IMG_1487 small.jpg
Zodiac 3.8m Classic - 15HP Tohatsu 2 stroke in Spain
IMG_1487 small.jpg (232.94 KiB) Viewed 18001 times
User avatar
ChrisH

by NikTheGeek » 03 Dec 2014, 18:18

Maybe Boatbanter could organise a "Camp in Company" on Lac de Annesy because that video makes it look beautiful. We wouldn't have to take a boat each, we could car share to spread the cost, but a few boats would be fun. Possibly too short notice for 2015? Maybe not. But definatley doable for 2016!

Nick
Seadoo Spark (for now)
ʞǝǝbǝɥʇʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ
ɹǝzʇןǝɯsʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ʞooqǝɔɐɟ
User avatar
NikTheGeek
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker

Location: South Devon

by ChrisH » 04 Dec 2014, 09:50

Finally got around to editing my montage of Spain 2014 with boat.
No where near as good as the Lake Annecy one I'm afraid.
1. My filming is not as good
2. I seemed to take a lot of it in the evening and cloudy windy days :-)
3. Might need to look at my camera settings as I think the pic quality should be better for a gopro 3

Still, not too unhappy with it for a bad amateur
Some short footage around 2 mins in of my boat over the water using my quadcopter, and also some fun on a windy and very choppy afternoon. Getting wet is fun when the water is warm :lol:
User avatar
ChrisH

Next

Return to Overseas