Boat Projects Forum

Regal 2250 - Radio remote

by mlines » 10 May 2015, 20:13

The standard Regal 2250 radio position is down by the drivers knee on the side panel. This makes a neat installation but means the radio is not easy to operate for the driver or the passenger.

Image
Image

I therefore decided to treat myself (as I am usually the co-pilot) to a remote handset.

Image

The next challenge was where to fit it. I do not want to fill the boat with holes so I looked around for a discrete mounting point. The Regal has removable map pocket panels on the side so we removed it to have a look.

Image
Image

This has a space where the cup-holder fits and provides a hidden downward facing surface suitable for a fitting.

Image

Image

So a quick cut with a hole cutter and the fitting was "fitted"
Image

Image

Image

It is fitted with a waterproof cap although this is hardly necessary on a downward facing surface.

Image

Image

It looks rather neat.
So it was back into the boat with the panel.

Image

The remote shows all the functions from the main radio
Image

Image

That includes the AIS sub menus

Image

So a bit of a toy but will enable me to sit in the navigators seat and operate the radio!
Last edited by mlines on 11 May 2015, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Carl » 10 May 2015, 22:53

8-) 8-) Nice tidy instal 8-)
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by Matt13 » 11 May 2015, 09:32

I like !
User avatar
Matt13
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by sprocker » 12 May 2015, 09:00

Very neat installation. I like it.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by _Ed_ » 12 May 2015, 23:56

Thats exactly the same setup I have had for err 3 years lol and yet to fit in the Quantum!! Standard Horizon stuff is really nice kit :) :)
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner