• Boat Banter

It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:38

News, Meets and Events

Red Arrows over Boscombe

by Ianfs » 20 Aug 2016, 11:36

Wet and windy yesterday afternoon Laura and I decided to drive over to Boscombe but expected it to be rammed because of the air show. We managed to park easily and although it wasn't as crowded on the cliff top as we thought it would be, there were still a lot of people about. It was blowing a hooly and Wave 105 radio had said there would be limited flying.
We arrived at the cliff top to see a few ship anchored in the bay and 2-3m sea......ouch. Then this lot arrived to spoil the peace...thank goodness. It was understandably a limited display but pretty good nonetheless and at 200ft up you could almost touch the undercarriage. This is not a good video I'm afraid but it sounds great....

by betty boop » 20 Aug 2016, 14:12

nice one Ian, shame to see today is all but cancelled, not surprising though looking at the surf cam on boscombe at the pair the waves were rolling in 1 -2 m high. first time Ive seen rollers smashing the chain ferry ramps at sandbanks. Don't you just love people making an effort to entertain the masses in the UK and the weather ruins it.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Return to News, Meets and Events