  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

News, Meets and Events

Poole and Studland 12/8/16

by mlines » 13 Aug 2016, 19:56

With the forecast looking good we trailered the boat down to Poole for a day trip. We chose Friday as James works Sundays and Saturday would be the holiday traffic day.

The main issue was going to be the increasing wind during the day, with a potential bouncy trip back in.

We launched from Rockley Park slipway. This has fallen into disrepaire recently with all the "Keep Clear" markings and yellow lines missing. This means that the place is jammed with cars from people who cannot be bothered to walk down the hill from their caravans. This meant that getting onto the slipway (and off again at the end of the day) was nearly impossible. I think this may be the last time we use Rockley. Its currently £40 per launch whilst Cobbs is £50 but it could be that the car moving issue is worth the higher cost and lifting bridge queue, we will have to see.

Going out it was a great trip. Warm and sunny. We had a nice trip to Studland and then moored up for lunch and a swim.

Image

Image

The bay was packed with boats of all sizes

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

We were treated to seeing old old boat - Witch Way (Bayliner) out doing watersports, its great to see our old boat being used properly

Image

Image

Image

And then another surprise. Mark (Centaur) another long term forum member turned up in his Sessa C30

Image

Image

And some very fast machinery arrived as well

Image

Image
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by mlines » 13 Aug 2016, 19:59

And some video clips.

First James could not resist a race....

And the Bay itself...

And then some tubing on the way home

Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by betty boop » 14 Aug 2016, 12:26

if Rockly is out - have you tried Davis boat yard next to Cobbs, they do £30 a launch, not sure if theres restrictive timings as before Ive agreed to have the key left on Dominics boat whilst he's on their moorings. Next weekend Ive told them I'll be arriving about 8pm and they said no problem (just waiting of a berth to confirm etc. )
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by mlines » 14 Aug 2016, 13:47

I think it's not an all tides slip and parking is limited? I stand corrected on that of course it's just what I believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ian h » 14 Aug 2016, 19:07

Hi Martin, Can not see any of the video's
ian h

by mlines » 14 Aug 2016, 19:21

They work ok for me (Firefox browser)
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ian h » 15 Aug 2016, 19:55

On Safari just black boxes
ian h

by betty boop » 15 Aug 2016, 20:19

mlines wrote:I think it's not an all tides slip and parking is limited? I stand corrected on that of course it's just what I believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Space is Ok as they have booked to keep The Karnic for a week next week in the yard but tidal Ive asked and will let you know.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by ian h » 16 Aug 2016, 20:25

They all work now.

What speed was James doing in the first video ?
ian h

by mlines » 16 Aug 2016, 20:56

It was about 35 knots, it was a bit bumpy to go faster

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire