  • In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

News, Meets and Events

Isle of Wight 2015

by Ianfs » 26 Jul 2015, 13:43

That is a fantastic video Martin.

Ianh.

I would like to bet that many of the onlookers were in absolute admiration and were drooling at the site of you cruising past. :D

by shibbs » 26 Jul 2015, 14:12

Great video, the Hunton looks amazing! Bet there were some very envious onlookers - I would be one of them if I was on that ferry! 8-)
Did you have a good week Martin?

by Xboatboyx » 26 Jul 2015, 14:19

Ianfs wrote: I would like to bet that many of the onlookers were in absolute admiration and were drooling at the site of you cruising past. :D

Yes lots of people commenting on you racing past, although I'm not sure they know how much it was costing you doing that.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by ian h » 26 Jul 2015, 20:08

Great Video Martin,

On that last run past going down Southampton Water we went across the wake of the car ferry you were on,
Southampton Water has some strange waves as well that can catch you out depending on conditions
ian h

by ian h » 26 Jul 2015, 20:16

Xboatboyx wrote:
Ianfs wrote: I would like to bet that many of the onlookers were in absolute admiration and were drooling at the site of you cruising past. :D

Yes lots of people commenting on you racing past, although I'm not sure they know how much it was costing you doing that.

UMMMM I try not to think about that side of boating,

I like everyone on this forum enjoy boating for one reason or another, Mine is being able to push the throttles down and enjoy the wind in the hair and not having to worry about anyone round the corner with a speed gun or an unmarked car coming up behind you,

The way I look at using the boat is that the more times you go out the cost per trip comes down ( Man maths )
ian h

by Ianfs » 26 Jul 2015, 21:32

Mine is being able to push the throttles down and enjoy the wind in the hair and not having to worry about anyone round the corner with a speed gun or an unmarked car coming up behind you,

How true Ian, how true! A totally honest, humble and modest view.

You have to admit though, your boat does look like a millionaire's high powered fun boat or an International power boat, consequently there would have been lots of people looking on in admiration. However, it is a price not necessarily agreed in contract but is sometimes something of an unwritten covenant we have to accept when owning boats!

Don't you agree, or am I completely wrong here? Anyone, what do you think?

by Centaur » 27 Jul 2015, 08:27

Some great photos - I will have to get the polish out and ask you to take some of my boat next time we see you!
User avatar
Centaur
Able Rate
Able Rate