News, Meets and Events

Round the Island

by Matt13 » 21 May 2015, 05:27

Possibly. The earlier in July the better but have things on most weekends. I used a whole tank of fuel (300l) plus I used my spare 20l Jerry can last time and still only just got back on fumes.

Hopefully better conditions next year as it wasn't the most enjoyable on the south side.
User avatar
Matt13

by ColinR » 21 May 2015, 09:42

I'll have a look at the tide situation in July to try to get Neaps. It seems that people are busy in July so would August be better? No problem for me.
User avatar
ColinR

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 22 May 2015, 15:55

Matt13 wrote: I used a whole tank of fuel (300l) plus I used my spare 20l Jerry can last time and still only just got back on fumes.

That's what worries me, especially as I bet yours is much more economical than my engine and drive too? I have a carb! :shock: :cry:

by mlines » 22 May 2015, 16:13

I think that matt's fuel represented the sea conditions, he was pushing a lot of water on the south of the island

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Matt13 » 22 May 2015, 18:59

Yes and Martin can vouch for the sea conditions :mrgreen:
User avatar
Matt13

by antlouhay » 22 May 2015, 19:15

Matt13 wrote:Possibly. The earlier in July the better but have things on most weekends. I used a whole tank of fuel (300l) plus I used my spare 20l Jerry can last time and still only just got back on fumes.

Hopefully better conditions next year as it wasn't the most enjoyable on the south side.

It was not the most pleasurable experience crossing Christchurch bay !! :shock:
antlouhay

Location: Oxfordshire,

by Matt13 » 22 May 2015, 22:27

antlouhay wrote:
Matt13 wrote:Possibly. The earlier in July the better but have things on most weekends. I used a whole tank of fuel (300l) plus I used my spare 20l Jerry can last time and still only just got back on fumes.

Hopefully better conditions next year as it wasn't the most enjoyable on the south side.

It was not the most pleasurable experience crossing Christchurch bay !! :shock:

:D certainly a lot of rolling around !
User avatar
Matt13

by Ianfs » 23 May 2015, 06:39

The first trip was flat as can be and the most beautifully sunny day, very memorable.

The last one was touch and go as to whether it was worth it and although there was some flat water at anchor the getting there was basically at displacement speeds. So as Martin pointed out, fuel consumption was much higher than expected.

Previous

Return to News, Meets and Events