• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:36
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

News, Meets and Events

Solent - Bank Holiday weekend

by mlines » 31 Aug 2017, 09:37

The UK drone code:

  • Keep your drone within your line of sight and at a maximum height of 400ft (122m)
  • Make sure your drone is within 500m from you horizontally
  • Always fly your drone well away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields
  • If fitted with a camera, a drone must be flown at last 50m away from a person, vehicle, building or structure not owned or controlled by the pilot.
  • Camera-equipped drones must not be flown within 150m of a congested area or large group of people, such as a sporting event or concert

This is a distilled version of here http://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Unmanned ... e-flights/

You are not allowed to shoot it down, even over your own property. I would have a word with him. Not 100% sure where you live but you might be in a no-fly zone for Southampton Airport or some other airport. Check here - http://www.noflydrones.co.uk/

We were very aware of the noise/intrusion at Newtown Creek so limited the flight to a quick orbit of our own boat for a picture.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ColinR » 31 Aug 2017, 15:19

Spoilsport, I was designing a mini exocet to really make an impact. :mrgreen:

So with those restrictions it will make the Amazon deliver plan a bit tricky.

Dear sir, we have delivered you parcel in the middle of a field as that was the closest point to you property that complies with the drone regulations :lol: :lol:
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 31 Aug 2017, 19:20

ColinR wrote:Spoilsport, I was designing a mini exocet to really make an impact. :mrgreen:

So with those restrictions it will make the Amazon deliver plan a bit tricky.

Dear sir, we have delivered you parcel in the middle of a field as that was the closest point to you property that complies with the drone regulations :lol: :lol:

It's funny, I was reading Martins post and wondering the same thing about Amazon!! I can only assume they have some kind of commercial permissions, unless I'm being particularly dumb???

by mlines » 31 Aug 2017, 20:25

Yes, those rules are for leisure

"Human" wise there is a professional licence course that costs £1000 and exempts you from a lot of restrictions and I would guess that there will be further certifications for "unmanned" vehicles.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 31 Aug 2017, 22:02

mlines wrote:Yes,.

:lol: :lol:
At least that clears that up then!!
:D

by betty boop » 04 Sep 2017, 10:07

ColinR wrote:Drones are an interesting technology but can be a real nuisance. One of our neighbours has one that he plays with all the time. It is really noisy and a pain when it's a nice sunny day or evening and you want to spend some pleasant time in the garden. If I knew exactly which house it was I would have words but it is over the back from us. Also I believe that he is breaking the law as it is withing 50m of private dwellings / people? Not sure on that. He does keep it within the confines of his garden but we do see it occasionally buzzing about. Am I allowed to "accidentally" shoot it down?

Edit, just found this

Anyone flying a drone in the UK needs to follow some basic rules.
The drone must always be kept in sight, and must be flown no higher than 400ft (122.9m), or further than 500m away.
Drone users should not fly near airports or other aircraft.
They should keep at least 50m away from people, vehicles, vessels, buildings or structures, unless these are “under the control” of the drone pilot.
The drone pilot should not fly over or within 150m of a congested area or large gathering of people.
They should also get permission from the landowner of wherever they take off and land.

Air Rifle Colin :idea: - BBgun as a second option - you were legally (maybe legal, or not so legal) scaring birds from your garden and it must have got in the way. - I cant see any problem with that or anything that could possibly go wrong :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by mlines » 07 Sep 2017, 13:33

And the video of the first day

Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire