News, Meets and Events

Cowes to Towquay Sunday 27th

by Xboatboyx » 27 Aug 2017, 09:59

Fantastic out here. Currently anchored in Newtown Creek. Lots of motorboats out to watch the start although took a while to clear the course. A lot of idiots on the plane between boats which was not really needed. Saw Ian H take off towards the needles.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by Ianfs » 27 Aug 2017, 11:08

We've got our daughter and family this weekend so relegated to watching from the cliff top.
I got some footage but at about 7 miles away it wasn't good.
Didn't seem that many entrants this year.

by shibbs » 27 Aug 2017, 13:50

Only 20 as far as I know.. shame really when you consider how huge the event used to be.
I have some great memories as a child of wondering round the pits listening to the likes of big V8 / V10's etc being tested! Truly unforgettable sounds!!

How was your view Ian? Could you hear them?

by Ianfs » 27 Aug 2017, 18:38

Oh yes some great views, although they were about 5 miles offshore.

What is really strange is that throughout the afternoon we have heard several passing whilst we were bar b q ing.

by Xboatboyx » 27 Aug 2017, 18:49

Ianfs wrote:Oh yes some great views, although they were about 5 miles offshore.

What is really strange is that throughout the afternoon we have heard several passing whilst we were bar b q ing.

I think most of the Torquay lot were back by 3:30. The Poole racers were back about an hour after they left! The solent was full of other powerful non racers whizzing about so plenty of noise around.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by ian h » 27 Aug 2017, 21:41

Xboatboyx wrote:Fantastic out here. Currently anchored in Newtown Creek. Lots of motorboats out to watch the start although took a while to clear the course. A lot of idiots on the plane between boats which was not really needed. Saw Ian H take off towards the needles.

Yes we were off to the Needles. Spent a fab few hours there before coming back up the solent and watching the boas from Torquay coming back

Some great pictures capturing the day here

http://www.martinpaynemarine.com/news-a ... quay-cowes
ian h

by shibbs » 28 Aug 2017, 00:16

Glad you had a good day, turned out to be one of the few days we all hope for weather wise!!
Anyone making the most of tomorrow too?

by mlines » 28 Aug 2017, 19:18

Image
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire