News, Meets and Events

Cowes to Towquay Sunday 27th

by Xboatboyx » 22 Aug 2017, 10:17

Anyone planning on watching the start at Cowes? We plan on being out on the water for the start at 9:30am.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by Ianfs » 22 Aug 2017, 11:27

Mmm, North North Westerlies up to 9 mph, with sunny intervals, that should flatten the sea down nicely. Plus not being too hot the Sea breeze wouldn't kick in even with the SSE or SSW prediction. Should be comfortable.

We've got family down this weekend but I'll be on the cliff top with the camera. :)

by shibbs » 22 Aug 2017, 11:47

I'm certainly hoping too, would like to overnight in cowes to then. Ebout for the start but still battling mechanical gremlins so not confirmed yet..
Hope to be there!!

by ian h » 22 Aug 2017, 20:09

Xboatboyx wrote:Anyone planning on watching the start at Cowes? We plan on being out on the water for the start at 9:30am.

Thats the plan for us :D Do not think will be trying to keep up with them going down the Solent
ian h

by sprocker » 22 Aug 2017, 20:32

We'll be out at the Torquay end to see them come and go. Planning to be off the Berry Head mark before they turn into Torbay.
No longer boatless!!!!!
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by shibbs » 23 Aug 2017, 23:38

ian h wrote:
Thats the plan for us :D Do not think will be trying to keep up with them going down the Solent
[/quote]

If anyone has a chance it's you!! :D

Is Ed racing this year?? :P

by Ianfs » 25 Aug 2017, 15:01

Hi Guys

FYI weather is awesome today lots of boats out. Met office says it should be 20c but my thermometer is currently reading 25c. :D

by ian h » 25 Aug 2017, 17:31

shibbs wrote:
ian h wrote:
Thats the plan for us :D Do not think will be trying to keep up with them going down the Solent

If anyone has a chance it's you!! :D

Is Ed racing this year?? :P[/quote]

Some of the top boats have rather more HP than me .
Some as high as 2800 HP I only have 520 HP
ian h

by Xboatboyx » 25 Aug 2017, 19:16

Saw two racing past Yarmouth today heading for Cowes. Sounded great but they were gone out of sight very quickly.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by shibbs » 27 Aug 2017, 09:20

Needless to say I didn't get fixed, how was the start?
Weather looks absolutely amazing!!!

Next

Return to News, Meets and Events

cron