  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

News, Meets and Events

Southampton Boat Show 2017

by mlines » 23 Jun 2017, 09:58

Cheap early bird tickets have been announced - £6.50 per person

http://nationalboatshows.cmail19.com/t/ ... qwtdlit-t/
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 23 Jun 2017, 20:42

Thanks Martin. :)

by ian h » 24 Jun 2017, 09:13

2 tickets purchased :D
ian h

by shibbs » 25 Jun 2017, 15:12

Thanks for sharing that, 2 tickets for me too. :ugeek:

by mlines » 14 Sep 2017, 12:49

Free - two Southampton Boat Show tickets valid for 16th to 24th (NOT VALID FOR PREVIEW DAY).

This is not one of those Facebook Click Scams where you win a Pink Range Rover, a camper van due to overstocking or an exotic holiday.

If you are local to me I could even give you a lift if you want to go the same day as me (not decided my day yet)

Real e-tickets that I can email to you, I only request two things:

1. You actually go so as not to waste them, someone will genuinely want them.

2. When you go, you visit James and wind him up with stupid Gongoozler/Grockle questions about boating.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 17 Sep 2017, 06:34

Has anyone been yet?

Apart from James who is on hand to take some great Gongzooler/ Grockle questions about boats :mrgreen:

by shibbs » 17 Sep 2017, 07:44

I went on Friday. Didn't see James.
I was to be honest, a little disappointed.
There certainly seemed to be more empty space this year, far less boats on the pontoons also.
To be fair though, I only go for a wonder round with the wife with very little expectation. Makes for a few hours out.
We did leave for home after only 3 and a half hours though not feeling like we had missed anything.
In my opinion, the shows days are numbered, a show special is no longer special or cheap as everything... can now be found cheaper online. Yes I agree it's sometimes good to get to physically look at something before buying but then why pay over the odds for it when you can get it delivered to your door.
Because of this, I believe the show will continue to dwindle as the they simply won't sell enough to make it viable.
A shame I will admit.

by betty boop » 17 Sep 2017, 13:17

shibbs wrote:I went on Friday. Didn't see James.
I was to be honest, a little disappointed.
There certainly seemed to be more empty space this year, far less boats on the pontoons also.
To be fair though, I only go for a wonder round with the wife with very little expectation. Makes for a few hours out.
We did leave for home after only 3 and a half hours though not feeling like we had missed anything.
In my opinion, the shows days are numbered, a show special is no longer special or cheap as everything... can now be found cheaper online. Yes I agree it's sometimes good to get to physically look at something before buying but then why pay over the odds for it when you can get it delivered to your door.
Because of this, I believe the show will continue to dwindle as the they simply won't sell enough to make it viable.
A shame I will admit.

Havent been this year, I have a ticket but a few logistical will get in the way and to be honest based on your comments I wont loose sleep over it. my observations of this years LBS were similar given the cost and travel etc. it was a nice day out (4 hrs tops) but not eventful like it had been year on year. A few years back I went to a market research event for boat shows UK and how the show could improve/expand/evolve and it doesnt seem to achieved much. Trying not being to negative but the days of boat show seem to be numbered & its more of an event with boats in its current forms with LBS going to a double show to draw interest. Like the Farnborough airshow may be a 2 year event will possibly be more of an attraction, folks on YBW have express boredom at the usual stuff in usual places so make people eager to attend, big freebies, beer tents, battleships on show etc.

or may be the economic climate is too blame? its best years (for me )were high $ exchange and cheap imports and if the Ex rate ever goes back up to cheap US import rates again it may turn around. BUT this isnt solely for SBS LBS the motor home event in Birmingham is going the same way as an example.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Return to News, Meets and Events