Say hello and introduce yourself!

On the new site!

by Doc Oakley » 29 Nov 2014, 12:09

Hi everybody. I'm Simon, aka Doc, based in North-West Worcestershire. Most of my boating is done on the Aberdovey/Aberdyfi estuary, though for a number of years I used to trail the boat up to Shell Island. My interest in boats really started in 1972 in Sandbanks, where we used to holiday as a family. After much, er, whining from me and my sister, my Dad bought a Dell Quay Dory 13 with Johnson 25 and then in 1974 a Fletcher 155 with 120 Mercuriser. From 1976 we were boatless until 1992 when I bought a Dell Quay Eurosport with 70 Evindrude and had a great couple of seasons waterskiing and generally messing about on the Conwy estuary, where my folks had retired to (and are still there, at 86 and counting...). Sadly, a divorce meant sale of said Dory (that's sad about the boat, to clarify :D ) and I operated with an aluminium 10ft boat (can't remember the make) and a Honda 5 (still got the Honda for my inflatable) for about 5 years and then in about 1998 bought the Bonwitco, originally with a Mariner 30, replaced in 2012 with an E-Tec 25, new trailer in 2008. Occasionally, we trail her elsewhere and have been to Wareham and Conwy.
Bonwitco 385/Evinrude E-Tec 25; Wetline 265/Honda 5
Doc Oakley
Able Rate
Able Rate

Location: North Worcestershire

by ColinR » 29 Nov 2014, 12:36

Hi Doc, we're all getting here slowly. A few hundred still to make the crossing though.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Ianfs » 29 Nov 2014, 13:35

Hi Doc and wlecome.

If you like interesting facts, you were one of the first to register on the old forum back in 2005 it was upgraded to phpbb. :mrgreen:

Looks like we'll have to make a Bonwitco forum in readers boats. :D

by Doc Oakley » 29 Nov 2014, 16:53

Thanks Ian!

Sadly, the Bonwitco/With business and moulds are up for sale (see the Wills Marine website) due to illness. It's been a lovely little boat which fits in my garage, but I guess new models may not be forthcoming :(

Doc
Bonwitco 385/Evinrude E-Tec 25; Wetline 265/Honda 5
Doc Oakley
Able Rate
Able Rate

Location: North Worcestershire

by wavelength » 02 Dec 2014, 22:42

Haha this is where you're at! You can run but not hide. The token ribster is here again!
I'm Dave ..RYA Power Trainer, Commercial offshore yachtmaster (power) and we play in boats when I'm not working at sea.
Used to have a "proper" job but they decided it was in all our best interests to offer me early retirement and pay me not to come in and brighten :?: their lives every day . I do miss it-oh how I miss it. Bliss ;)
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

by Cap'n Jack » 03 Dec 2014, 16:57

Wavelength you dope, you're supposed to start your own Topic to say Hello! Doohhhh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I have to say it's great to have you back and good to see you again. :)
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

by wavelength » 07 Dec 2014, 20:25

heyho just call me a rebel, a rebel dope it seems but still a rebel. :lol: :lol: :oops:
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

by Ianfs » 07 Dec 2014, 22:01

We love you though! :D

by wavelength » 15 Dec 2014, 20:19

steady on Ian :o :shock:
I've been at sea a long while....but not quite that long yet :oops:
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

by Ianfs » 15 Dec 2014, 21:19

I sayyyyy, brotherly dear boy brotherly!! :mrgreen:

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!