• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:37

Say hello and introduce yourself!

hello

by argonaut » 26 Nov 2014, 23:01

As the request says ......Hello ...

Some of you may recognise the username ... I own a runabout in S.Wales.
From April to Oct I can be typically found launching either at Swansea bay (Mumbles) or one of the bays in Gower.

I boat inshore for fun, trailering my tub to launch site.

This was one of the pics of me having fun on the last run out of the season:
Image
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 27 Nov 2014, 07:17

Hi Argonaut

Welcome back, great to see you. :)

by NikTheGeek » 27 Nov 2014, 20:23

Welcome back!

One day I must meet up for a go on that airchair/skyski :)
Seadoo Spark (for now)
ʞǝǝbǝɥʇʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ
ɹǝzʇןǝɯsʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ʞooqǝɔɐɟ
User avatar
NikTheGeek
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker

Location: South Devon

by shibbs » 27 Nov 2014, 20:25

NikTheGeek wrote:Welcome back!

One day I must meet up for a go on that airchair/skyski :)

It certainly looks good fun, is it challenging to learn?

by NikTheGeek » 27 Nov 2014, 20:52

I feel a write-up/guide to airchairs/skyski's or whatever you call them. Which to buy, how to learn. Tricks to get up. etc.

But, the only person we know that has one is... Argonaut. So hopefully he'll volunteer :)

Nik
Seadoo Spark (for now)
ʞǝǝbǝɥʇʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ
ɹǝzʇןǝɯsʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ʞooqǝɔɐɟ
User avatar
NikTheGeek
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker

Location: South Devon

by argonaut » 27 Nov 2014, 22:10

In response ..
# NicktheGreek .... you would be welcome to come join us to try it out

# Shibbs .... it took an awful long time to learn, as we also did not know how to drive for it. Now I have 'cruise control' fitted that makes a huge difference ..
When I was looking to buy one .... I asked how hard to learn .. and was told "It's like trying juggle, whilst riding a uni-cycle downhill blindfolded"
I found it harder that that.
To give an idea of my mates whop come out boating with me .... all have found it too much of learning curve and given up.

# NicktheGreek be happy to do a write up if wanted at some point .... biggest issue is cost ...mine was 2nd hand from a guy in Switzerland ... cost new to get in UK they are >£2000
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by argonaut » 02 May 2015, 20:59

NikTheGeek wrote:I feel a write-up/guide to airchairs/skyski's or whatever you call them. Which to buy, how to learn. Tricks to get up. etc.

Nik .... finally took the hint .... write up done & posted ... http://www.boatbanter.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=273
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!