• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:54

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Newbie

by Daviec » 13 Jun 2016, 20:14

Hello fellow boaters, I'm just new on this forum as the practical boat owner forum of which I used to be a member seems to have disappeared .....
Bit about me I'm 63 years young ,have been involved with boats since I was age ten and just love them ,I had always been a speedboat person owning many different makes of craft like broom ,maxim etc...in fact I still have the maxum 1900 Sr. With 4.3 litre mercruiser fitted ,my son now uses it more than me ....when I hit sixty I had this urge to take life a bit easier / slower and had a secret desire to have a cabin cruiser......I'm a practical person and a motor engineer to trade so most things I could handle myself , I did want a project boat and as I do all my boating on inland water ,on Loch Lomond in Scotland ,I opted for an old seamaster 23 river cruiser ,in was in total disarray when purchased ,but having spent three years breathing life back into it it is now possibly the best example around of this seventys cabin cruiser but the work never stops on her ,I will post photos of her restoration if members are intrested in seeing them ......in the meantime ,happy to have joined up with you guys and hope I can put some helpful input to you all ,david.
Daviec

by _Ed_ » 13 Jun 2016, 20:24

Welcome :) :)
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by Ianfs » 14 Jun 2016, 06:08

Hello David.

A very warm welcome to this forum. I love the old Seamaster range, fantastic boats.

It will be great to see what you have done with her, there are a few serial restorers here.

I'll create a Seamaster forum in the owners section but by all means post away in general as well.

by BruceK » 14 Jun 2016, 17:52

Hello and welcome. Yes, a restoration thread is always welcome, please post up the rebuild :D
BruceK

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!