  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Hello from Conwy

by BruceK » 03 Nov 2015, 11:43

Thanks for the ad.

So... a little about me I suppose. :oops: I have been around and on boats since a nipper and also spent a good while at sea on the RV Geomaster in marine geology. Most of my leasure experience is on the small 20 footish cuddy types with a bent for fishing, but I have also in the last year purchased an aging boatavan in the guise of a Formula 34 PC because the cuddy was getting a bit cramped when the kids and Mum decided they wanted in. Probably a mistake as I now spend more time gallavanting around North Wales, Anglesey and the Lleyn looking for deserted beaches to offload the brood instead of getting rigs baited up. But they're happy and in return I don't have to make my own bacon sarnies when I do get a line in. SWMBO'd has also taken to a spot of fishing. I've yet to decide whether this is a good thing or not though.

Image

Just a heads up, I know nothing about boats but am always happy to express an opinion :lol: No, really, it's true :? I've gained what experience I have; the hard, bitter, and expensive way, and have resigned myself to the fact that in boating there is no light at the end of the fekin tunnel. I swear the day I shuffle off and I meet Poseidon I'm demanding a refund on the champers and tod I've cast liberally into the oceans to appease the malicious bastid.
BruceK

by Baasboat » 03 Nov 2015, 20:12

Welcome oboard, do you keep it in Conwy Marina? Where do you go fishing and whats your target species?
Baasboat
Able Rate
Able Rate

by BruceK » 03 Nov 2015, 21:14

The marina? Hell no. Why pay stupid money to squat in a ghetto when I can get a pontoon in front of the castle for 1/6th the price. Got everything they have except leccy but I'm self sufficient on that score.

What do I target? Depends on the season really. Bass, Pollack, Ballans, Codling, Tope, conger. In the dead of winter I give pin whiting a miss. Maccies and sand eel for bait. As for where, huh, you don't get to second base on the first date . I have principles ya know. ;)
BruceK

by Ianfs » 03 Nov 2015, 21:48

Hello Bruce, a very warm welcome to the forum.

So you have a boatavan? But it's a Formula, more like a Bluebirdavan!! :mrgreen:

Always and especially glad to have another fisherman aboard.

I've gained what experience I have; the hard, bitter, and expensive way, and have resigned myself to the fact that in boating there is no light at the end of the fekin tunnel.

You should meet my wife, her term for any boat is "Money guzzling gut bucket"

She is going to be happy with a bigger money guzzling gut bucket though! :D

by BruceK » 04 Nov 2015, 08:29

My wife doesn't know how much I spend on the boat. I use her psychology and show her how cheap the diesel is at 80p a litre and then go on to explain how much we've saved after every 800 litre fillup. She's not thick, but I think it's instinctive in the fairer sex :D
BruceK

by Ianfs » 04 Nov 2015, 10:05

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like your style sir. :lol:

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!