• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 10:26

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Good evening.

by MartynG » 31 Oct 2015, 18:41

Just signed up to this forum having read about it elsewhere .
I'm not new to boating - presently in 9th year of motor boat ownership - can't claim to be an expert but like to help if I can.
Looks a bit quiet on here at the moment.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by mlines » 31 Oct 2015, 21:08

Hello and welcome!
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ColinR » 31 Oct 2015, 21:23

Hi Martyn it is a bit quiet on here compared with that other place but less prone to confrontation. So tell us about yourself and your boat (s).
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 31 Oct 2015, 21:25

Hi and welcome along,
What do you have and where are you based?
I think it's the depression that the summers over that has quietened people down. :(

by MartynG » 01 Nov 2015, 08:43

Thanks for the responses.
We have a Sealine F33 which we bought in July 2014.
Its a 2003 boat so one of the last made as the F34 was introduced in autumn 2004.
The boat is moored at Farndon on the River Trent .

The main event in 2015 was a two week holiday aboard including Wells Next the Sea.
The boat is used regularly - we have put 200 engine hours on the clock since July 2014.

Our previous boat was Sealine S23, which was our first boat . We bought that in March 2008 . We used the S23 regularly on inland waters but did not go very far at all on salty water............................. I had to think about the year - it was 2008 but doesn't seem that long ago. The F33 is a huge improvement over the S23 and the bigger boat is much easier to handle - we are off to the boat shortly , probably not going out but will have lunch aboard.

.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by Cap'n Jack » 01 Nov 2015, 15:49

Thanks for popping over Martin, I would like to give you a very warm welcome and see that we have already settled you in somewhat. :)

I've recently loaned some tools (alignment, gimbal bearing seating tool and an upper housing spanner wrench) to Davedpc from the YBW forum who has an F33, I think he said it was an F330 but was called an F33.

I've been looking at an S25 or an S28 but he's kind of talked me into a flybridge. We've got enough cash to buy something more expensive but my minister of home affairs has limited me to about an S25..........at the moment!! :mrgreen:

At some stage I would like to chat to you, if you don't mind? :)

We are developing the forum at the moment, so if you like it please stay with us, we are developing. :)
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

by betty boop » 01 Nov 2015, 18:07

Hi Martyn & welcome.

We're not a million mile from you about 10 mile north of the R Nene & just west of Wisbech, good to hear you visited Wells in the summer, mainly we trailer south as the wind/tide/weather/work combo has never quite worked out for us. 2015 was to be a trip out on the Trent so may pick ur brains in 2016 :-)
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by MartynG » 01 Nov 2015, 18:54

Cap'n Jack wrote:Thanks for popping over Martin, I would like to give you a very warm welcome and see that we have already settled you in somewhat. :)

I've recently loaned some tools (alignment, gimbal bearing seating tool and an upper housing spanner wrench) to Davedpc from the YBW forum who has an F33, I think he said it was an F330 but was called an F33.

I've been looking at an S25 or an S28 but he's kind of talked me into a flybridge. We've got enough cash to buy something more expensive but my minister of home affairs has limited me to about an S25..........at the moment!! :mrgreen:

At some stage I would like to chat to you, if you don't mind? :)

:)

The sealine statesman 330 was the earlier model, which became the F33.
If you are interested in a S25 don't exclude the S23 - they have identical GRP but with cosmetic improvements included on the later S25. The s25 may have a d3 engine . Personally I prefer the earlier kad32 engine which I had in my S23 - I have two kad32's now in my F33.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by MartynG » 01 Nov 2015, 19:19

betty boop wrote:Hi Martyn & welcome.

We're not a million mile from you about 10 mile north of the R Nene & just west of Wisbech, good to hear you visited Wells in the summer, mainly we trailer south as the wind/tide/weather/work combo has never quite worked out for us. 2015 was to be a trip out on the Trent so may pick ur brains in 2016 :-)

I have been up and down the R.Trent quite few times over the last 9 years. But never feel I am an expert.
A ''Trent Series'' chart for the river is essential ... we still use the tidal chart every time .
http://www.kildalemarine.co.uk/product/ ... -non-tidal
http://www.kildalemarine.co.uk/product/ ... -no2-tidal
http://nabo.org.uk/files/members/trent_sg.pdf
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!