• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:16

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Hello

by Arrowhawk » 11 Jun 2015, 09:30

Hi,

New to the forum, I have a Fletcher Arrowhawk 180 GTS with 4.3 Mercruiser that I use mainly for watersports on a local loch.

Unfortunately in Scotland the weather doesn't allow me to get as much use out of her as I would like, but hoping for a good summer after just getting her de-winterised, cleaned and polished last weekend!

Cheers.
Arrowhawk
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 21:32

by shibbs » 11 Jun 2015, 17:34

Here's to hoping for a good summer!! 8-) 8-)

by Ianfs » 11 Jun 2015, 17:54

Hi Arrowhawk

We visited Scotland recently to find my fathers homes, one in Kenneth St, Inverness and the others in Pitmedden where the family owned the saddlery and harness makers. Plus my father in law was based at RAF Banff Mosquito Strike Wing during WW11, so we got permission to see the old airfield and control tower etc.

Enough of the old reminiscing, is this you? :mrgreen:

Skiing Loch Lomond small.jpg
Skiing Loch Lomond small.jpg (119.43 KiB) Viewed 10977 times

Boat on Loch Ness.JPG
Boat on Loch Ness.JPG (4.95 MiB) Viewed 10976 times

by Carl » 11 Jun 2015, 20:03

Mornin .... welcome. ....
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by ColinR » 12 Jun 2015, 07:24

Hi Arrowhawk, as others have said we're a nice friendly bunch one here. Bit of a long way from you I'm afraid but look forward to seeing some in action pics from your neck of the woods :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Arrowhawk » 12 Jun 2015, 11:31

Hi, thanks for the friendly welcome!

Ianfs, unfortunately not us in the photograph :D . We use the boat on Loch Ken, near Castle Douglas. Would like to take her up to Loch Lomond for a weekend over the summer though as we just have a small ski zone available on Loch Ken which can get pretty busy some weekends.

We do very occasionally head to the sea for some more space and freedom, but I'm not keen on using her in salt water and spend hours once back home flushing the engine and washing everything.

Fingers crossed we will get out this weekend, weather and work permitting!
Arrowhawk
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 21:32

by Ianfs » 12 Jun 2015, 17:05

Loch Ken seems enormous, more boating water than we Southerners are used to. I'm guessing its restricted for you in a lot of parts?

by Arrowhawk » 12 Jun 2015, 18:08

It is quite a big loch, but unfortunately we are limited to a small ski zone - the rest has a speed limit of 10mph.

Even then half of the ski zone has boats moored up the middle and a section reserved for the ski centre's slalom course so we are effectively limited to half of the ski zone even.

They do at particularly busy times use a disc based system to limit the number of boats using the ski zone at the same time, however I have always avoided it then - last year we managed quite a few days when we were the only boat on the loch by going even when the weather was a bit iffy and had some amazing days! :D
Arrowhawk
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 21:32

by Ianfs » 12 Jun 2015, 19:05

Even with the speed limit it sounds wonderful.
If you get a minute post some pictures of your boat in the Motor Boat, Mrmbers Boat Forum.
And of course any other pictures you take, it'll be good to see the North again, stunning countryside. :)

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!