  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Evening All

by cc245ltd » 04 Mar 2015, 20:52

Just a re introduction.... formally eastcoast on sports boat forum aka Brian.

Recognising quite a few of the old usernames and liking the new look.... well done Cap'n

Having a bit of a look round just now but no doubt be posting at some point..
Chris Craft 245 Limited - 460 OMC King Cobra
Ring 21 - 200 Suzuki
Phantom 21 - 200 Merc
cc245ltd
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Feb 2015, 13:59
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

by Ianfs » 05 Mar 2015, 09:19

Hi Brian

Glad you found us, thanks for posting. You don't see many Chris Craft in the UK, must be a pretty rare boat and with that engine a flyer too. :)

by cc245ltd » 06 Mar 2015, 00:47

Hi Ian

Wasn't aware that the forum had started up again, found email in inbox a few weeks ago so finally got round to checking it out.

Have seen a few Chris Craft 245s for sale on the net but most seem to be in Europe, not come across a 245 for sale in the UK yet, its currently sitting with scaffolding all round it with the engine out, drive and transom mount off etc. Bought it with engine fault but managed to pick up a brand new engine and complete transom mount for it, basically all new apart from the drive. Just been gathering all the bits n pieces needed to refit it all.

Bit of a nightmare locating some OMC parts now but got everything apart from one seal but working on that, found a marine dealer in the states that appear to have a few in stock so fingers crossed. Its taken a while but getting there.

It is a big heavy boat but its 340hp and meant to pull 57mph, according to specs anyway but the few I've seen in you tube vids do seem to be quite quick and its also very easy tune these big V8s, the drive is meant to be able to handle around 500hp so plenty scope for a few add ons later

All just takes time and lots of cash :D
Chris Craft 245 Limited - 460 OMC King Cobra
Ring 21 - 200 Suzuki
Phantom 21 - 200 Merc
cc245ltd
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Feb 2015, 13:59
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

by Ianfs » 06 Mar 2015, 03:43

Chris Craft, Phantom and Ring added to Members Boats in Motor Boat Forum...hint hint!! :mrgreen:

And we have a really great Forum called Projects. :D

by ColinR » 06 Mar 2015, 08:52

Hi Brian. Glad you managed to find us. We're slowly building up steam and tuning the forum as we go along.

Colin (was jokaboat)
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by cc245ltd » 06 Mar 2015, 21:22

@Ian, Phantom and Ring are both in storage but going up for sale shortly, both were projects originally but finished quite some time ago, used last couple of seasons but cant really justify 3 boats and don't want to get rid of the chris craft. Will try and sort out something for that in projects, need to sort out what pics I have of that one.

@ Colin... hi Joka... now thats one name I remember from the previous forum :D The forum does look good, lost track of time on here last night ended up on for a good couple of hours just checking things out. Is Big Zeb (Billy) still around?? Not come across any posts from him yet.... last I heard of him he had bought a new boat.
Chris Craft 245 Limited - 460 OMC King Cobra
Ring 21 - 200 Suzuki
Phantom 21 - 200 Merc
cc245ltd
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Feb 2015, 13:59
Location: Dunfermline, Fife

by ColinR » 07 Mar 2015, 22:38

Big zeb briefly reappeared a while back but hasn't appeared on here yet. There are a few still to find their way yet.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Carl » 13 Mar 2015, 22:24

Morning .....
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!