• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:13
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Say hello and introduce yourself!

Forum Noob (South Devon)

by Gecko2 » 30 Oct 2021, 10:01

Morning from SW England - Devon (Exe area)

Nice to be part of the crowd - Also a member of SFCC at Starcross - A sizeable and broad spectrum club, with a fairly good reputation and reasonably warm welcome.

On my Second boat - First one was a Bonwitco 449c - With a Mariner 40 4/ - Completely strip and renovated, - Not quite completed, but a happy chappy bought it for a reasonable price, to allow me boat 2

Now have a Maritime 21 with BMC diesel inboard. Total different animal from the little speedy before it. Again going through it and renovating it. Finding all manner of shizzle requiring TLC/Repair - massive list building up. :roll:

I could do with a decent boat chippy in the Devon area to help me redesign the cabin and stop the wet rot I found - Any suggestions anyone?

I have quite a bit of engineering background - especially lecky stuff if anyone down this end is stuck or needs help.

Also a keen but non competitive fisherman and almost always have space when going out around the locale (Lyme bay area)
Gecko2
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 30 Oct 2021, 09:02

by shibbs » 10 Nov 2021, 15:46

Sounds like you enjoy getting stuck in with the maintenance.
I can’t help with a chippy, well out of my area unfortunately.
I absolutely agree with how the list of jobs grow… wouldn’t be the joys of owning a boat if not! :D

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!

User Menu