  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Say hello and introduce yourself!

introducing StoneRoad

by StoneRoad » 19 Mar 2018, 22:38

A very longtime lurker, finally getting up to introduce myself.
.
Have been involved with two boat restorations so far ...
firstly; a 1909 built rowing lifeboat - the "William Riley of Birmingham and Leamington" - based in Whitby, and often used for fundraising, primarily for the RNLI.
secondly; a Miller Fifer motor-sailer, which was re-launched at Whitehaven just before the festive season in 2015.
Upcoming restorations, will be picking any one of three small boats ... one will be a rowing tender for the Miller, another is a Drascombe Lugger and the last one is a Windermere built power boat.
.
Have helped restore plenty of other things ...
'
Keep The Keel Down

StoneRoad

E2A a PS - images available of said restorations 8-) ... anyone interested ?
StoneRoad
Able Rate
Able Rate

by ColinR » 23 Mar 2018, 16:03

Hi and welcome. Photos are always very welcome on here. Especially of interesting projects like yours.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 25 Mar 2018, 09:20

Hi and welcome to the forum, your projects sound very interesting. Sounds like we now have some good knowledge on hand.
As Colin says, photos are always well received!

by StoneRoad » 27 Mar 2018, 12:46

Best place to look for images of my restorations (and a load of other things) is my account on Ipernity.

This is a link to the folders of albums ...
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/312383/album

The rebuild work is mainly in the "Marine Division"
and "Emoyeni" has the more recent images - she's a motor-sailer, but tbh mostly motored.

Enjoy having a look around !
StoneRoad
Able Rate
Able Rate

by lewlew100 » 02 Apr 2018, 22:54

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Lovely to see those pictures of the MF, and what a super restoration. With a serious restoration project like that I would like to see a few "before and during" pictures, but I have little doubt that there will be some amongst your albumns. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

Return to Say hello and introduce yourself!