• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:00

Powerboat Racing Forum

Cowes powerboats

by shibbs » 20 Aug 2016, 21:28

Anyone planning on watching this year, as it stands... The weather is looking promising!!
I will look to head over to cowes for the Saturday for a wonder then out to watch the start on the Sunday..
We shall see it that works out?
Ed, have you entered this year? :P

by _Ed_ » 21 Aug 2016, 13:49

Would have loved to, but not this year. I have to much on. Looking good though this one!
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by Ianfs » 21 Aug 2016, 19:52

Should be a good race this year. Shame you're not in it Ed, you would have a good chance of winning this time.

by ian h » 21 Aug 2016, 20:08

Hoping to get out to see the boats on the Sunday,

Some serious horsepower in the top boats this year.
Glad am not paying their fuel bills
ian h

by _Ed_ » 22 Aug 2016, 01:15

Ianfs wrote:Should be a good race this year. Shame you're not in it Ed, you would have a good chance of winning this time.

Hah cheers, The boat is actually running an order of magnitude better than it was last year. Sadly the for partly reasons of the RYA and my lack of time the boat is not being entered into this race this year. Hopefully will be next however :)
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by shibbs » 27 Aug 2016, 17:09

Ok so can anyone guess my deliberate mistake? :oops:

by Xboatboyx » 27 Aug 2016, 18:14

shibbs wrote:Ok so can anyone guess my deliberate mistake? :oops:

You went to Cowes today only to find no Powerboats :lol:
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by shibbs » 27 Aug 2016, 19:33

Xboatboyx wrote:
shibbs wrote:Ok so can anyone guess my deliberate mistake? :oops:

You went to Cowes today only to find no Powerboats :lol:

Hmmm, yes, seems I got the wrong weekend!! :shock: :oops: :lol:

by shibbs » 27 Aug 2016, 19:35

I approached cowes yacht haven expecting to see 1000's of HP of power boats only to be greeted with silly little things with bed sheets flapping in the breeze!! :roll:
Oh well, next week it is!! ;)

by shibbs » 29 Aug 2016, 20:25

Anyone else get out this weekend?
I spent the weekend out, Friday afternoon on the beach at Priory Bay, then Bembridge for the night.
First time in there and can highly recommend it, great marina, small But very nice and peaceful.
Me and my boys hired sup's on the Saturday morning prior to heading up to cowes for the afternoon (for a wonder round the powerboat pits! :oops: )
Anyway, night in cowes, where we met big brother... (Draco Zircon 34, made us look like a toy boat, picture doesn't do the size and beam of it justice!!)
Image
The decision was made ( by me anyway, still got the convince she who holds the Purse strings, that this is next!! 8-)
Got up Sunday morning ready for the transit back to disgusting weather, had a fairly lumpy ride back but both boys seemed to enjoy it!!
So here's to trying again next weekend!!! :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Powerboat Racing Forum