Powerboat Racing Forum

Cowes powerboats

by shibbs » 05 Sep 2015, 20:29

Managed to get over, and SWMBO even managed to sweet talk us a berth over at East Cowes ( even though everywhere insisted they were full).
Had a wonder up to cowes yacht haven to see the boats and crews carrying out their final preps, unfortunately nowadays you can't get near the boats like you used to though.
I did spot a familiar face though...
Image
Unfortunately I couldn't get close enough to say hello, boat looked great though!!
A couple of others just on their way out for tests as we arrived;
Image
Image
No69 sounded the business!!
More to follow tomorrow. :P

by ColinR » 05 Sep 2015, 22:54

Well done on getting a berth. We saw a couple of the big boys heading from Poole yesterday sounding good.
Hope all goes well tomorrow.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by sprocker » 06 Sep 2015, 06:45

We'll be out to watch them arrive and leave Torquay today. The weather is looking excellent for a change!
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by mlines » 06 Sep 2015, 06:51

James is just heading out to see them depart

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 06 Sep 2015, 13:30

Didn't see James but then it was very busy! Only just managed to catch s glimpse of Ed on his way out, couldn't see him in the start though.
I must say the conditions were fantastic, lovely sunshine and really flat sea! 8-)
A few pics below, I did get some video but will work out how to upload a little later as I don't think I can do it via photobucket??
There were some of the old classics there including Dry Martini which looked great still and countless fairy huntsman and swordsman, wow do they still go well!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
And our very own BoatBanter entry... :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Great morning, unfortunately we (I)had double booked the day so we had to head back straight after the start, did manage to break down on way back though ( well, ran out of fuel, luckily I had enough spare to get us back. (really should get my fuel sender replaced! :? :oops: )
They all sounded amazing and unfortunately none of the film does it justice.
Good luck to Ed and look forward to hearing how you got on!

by Ianfs » 06 Sep 2015, 17:46

Fantastic pictures Stu. Hope you enjoyed it, sorry to hear about your sender unit not working. I hope you get it fixed without too much expense. :)

by annageek » 06 Sep 2015, 19:00

Great photos.

What are the blue things on Ed's boat? One atop the engine and two around the 'windscreen'? I have my fingers crossed they're video cameras!! :)
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by shibbs » 06 Sep 2015, 19:59

Yes I'm pretty sure they are cameras, I also spotted 3 so fingers crossed, hopefully we can expect some cracking video at some point...
As for the fuel sender, don't think it should be too expensive, simple job to change, I just need to figure the correct one to get now.
Serious sense of humour failure by SWMBO when we stopped! :mrgreen:

by _Ed_ » 07 Sep 2015, 08:00

Yep cameras, didn't have too much luck with them lost the one on the rear which would have been the best one I think, and noticed after that the one facing us steamed up I think. I'll have to review them and see. I'm sure I'll have something. With so much going on it was very hard to try and get things like this right. I'll update my thread shortly with how it all went.
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner