• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:26
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powerboat Racing Forum

What have I done!!!

by shibbs » 07 Sep 2015, 10:12

Cracking write up, I really enjoyed reading it. Something I've always wanted to do. It's amazing what life savers cable ties are!! :D
So when's your next race?
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by sprocker » 07 Sep 2015, 10:22

Superb writeup Ed, and many congratulations on completing your first race. Thankyou for taking the time to share your day.
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by shibbs » 07 Sep 2015, 10:45

One question for you Ed, how did you find being navigator as opposed to driver? Was it a flip of a coin or will you take it in turns for the next race etc?
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by _Ed_ » 07 Sep 2015, 13:43

I'm much better with dealing with information from chart plotters and knowing my general position than Malc is. Its also Malcs boat and he has a much much greater boating history than myself. Although I have trained as a driver as well, In this case it made much more sense for us to keep to our strong points and do what we do best. If we did the same event again next week I wouldn't change how we ran it from this weekend. In that sense I don't feel we made many mistakes which is something!
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by Ianfs » 07 Sep 2015, 14:45

Absolutely brilliant write up, didn't want it to end. And.....

So friday the night before I was up till 3.30 am building a small 2 way intercom amplifier from bits I had so we didn't have to do anything. It was a bit last minute to check but thankfully it worked a treat

If there's a Zombie Apocalypse, I want you to be in our survival town!! :mrgreen:
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by _Ed_ » 07 Sep 2015, 16:02

Thanks for the feedback on the write up as well :) It's great when others find interest in sharing something like that. Personally when I look back I still find it amazing that in less than 6 years ago I didn't even know what a drain plug on the back of a boat did!!!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by _Ed_ » 07 Sep 2015, 16:03

Ianfs wrote:Absolutely brilliant write up, didn't want it to end. And.....

So friday the night before I was up till 3.30 am building a small 2 way intercom amplifier from bits I had so we didn't have to do anything. It was a bit last minute to check but thankfully it worked a treat

If there's a Zombie Apocalypse, I want you to be in our survival town!! :mrgreen:

haha :) :mrgreen:
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by Ianfs » 07 Sep 2015, 18:05

Personally when I look back I still find it amazing that in less than 6 years ago I didn't even know what a drain plug on the back of a boat did!!!

Funny you say that but it was 13yrs ago for me, when I decided after 32 yrs of being around boats, on and off, that I decided to get my hands dirty, before that, I knew how to switch them on and off and fill them up, but that's another story.

I would say that you have overtaken my knowledge already.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by _Ed_ » 07 Sep 2015, 19:07

That's a kind thing to say, and not one I'd dare let myself think! Mechanically I have a huge advantage from my work, but I still feel very much a novice in almost every aspect of boating. One thing for sure it has entirely changed my life, as I had never been on anything other than a jet ski or a London river boat in my entire life. It has been a truly crazy experience!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by annageek » 07 Sep 2015, 19:37

Sounds truly amazing! Would love to do the same one day!

Also, as an electronics engineer... I'm loving the last minute intercom build! Good stuff!
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Powerboat Racing Forum

User Menu