  • In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Fishing Forum

2015 fishing aspirations

by Baasboat » 08 Feb 2015, 19:23

So it's cold and wet and windy at the moment, will soon be spring and we can get boating again. What fish would you like to catch this season???
Baasboat
Able Rate
Able Rate

by wavelength » 08 Feb 2015, 20:36

ah but tis not wet n windy here...cold and foggy today but fantastic last few days with bright sun, flat calm blue seas. We were running boat courses last week, it was terrific weather and the pods of porpoises were just the icing on the cake! The boys have been catching a lot of cod...and I hope they are still there on Tuesday when we go looking for them. If it is as foggy as today will be needing a white stick to find my way out to the cod grounds!
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

by ColinR » 09 Feb 2015, 08:29

I'm determined to catch some Bass this year. And maybe some Cod.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by betty boop » 09 Feb 2015, 08:39

anything would be nice, 1 would be an improvement on least year

last years highlight was taking a charity donation from a skipper who landed 30+ mac and felt dorry for us when we came in with nothing 1/2 our before he did. :oops:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Baasboat » 09 Feb 2015, 19:50

Sounds like there are lots of rays around at the moment, and the cod and codling are here too, wavelength are you getting rays at the moment??

Good luck betty and colin, time to dangle those hooks then
Baasboat
Able Rate
Able Rate

by sprocker » 10 Feb 2015, 18:34

My goal for this year is to beat my best day out for number of species, last year on one trip I landed
Mackeral, Whiting, Pollack, Codling and Ling, all good sizes and all went in the freezer.

I would also like to catch Flounder this year, one fish that has always evaded me.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by Baasboat » 10 Feb 2015, 19:47

Hope you wont be left floundering around this year then

Where did you catch your large haul?
Baasboat
Able Rate
Able Rate

by sprocker » 11 Feb 2015, 21:31

That lot was caught on a charter boat out of Brixham. It was a 10 hour day and we were well out in the channel.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by betty boop » 12 Feb 2015, 08:55

I think we need a forum master class from teh experts to teach us all how it's done. I've got planty of tackle, see little action and its all an anticlimax in the end. :shock:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by wavelength » 26 Feb 2015, 19:47

wavelength are you getting rays at the moment??

not yet...but its been blowin a hoolie for a quite a while and nobody has been out. Big old seal knocking about when we were last cod fishing....treading water behind the boats. Didn't trouble us (we must not have been catching enough for him to bother!) but the local charter boat had a couple of codling bitten off on the way up. Big thornback rays generally begin to move in in March, but its nothing like the glory days when we used to get tired of catching them. A lot of plaice knocking about here but they are too thin and soft for the table at this time of year, they need a couple of months at least before we will bother with them. Hoping for bass when it eventually turns to spring.
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07