• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:05
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Fishing Forum

A first

by betty boop » 24 Oct 2018, 10:43

to back up Colin - sort of
In May we were we on Equinox at Thatchers Rock in Torbay, famous locally I'm told for its fishing, me and mandy with rods out, mine had mutli colour feathers usual £1.50 rubbish from Trago. Mandy had similar but all shiney purple, mainly as it was all that wasn't tangled or rusty in the very old fishing bag. dangling up and down as suggested on both sides of the boat- I caught about 15+ mack, lost 3-4 jumping off the line with no net to land them. the rod the other side - nothing not a bite even after switching to silver foil type lures. same technique just a different shiney colour.

The other boats in the area caught nothing as well.

Its really down to luck I think - what works on the day works wont the next day or on the other side, unless I'm missing something. Keep trying do some research fish are out there somewhere.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous