  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Fishing Forum

Sea Eagle

by wavelength » 30 Sep 2017, 21:54

Whilst in Norway we found that the sea eagles had learned that following the boat could result in a free meal or three!
This guy came by, circled the boat and then went and sat on the cliffs. When he called from his perch we threw him a small (well two or three pounds) coalfish and back he came. Took the fish back to his perch and ten minutes later called again to be fed. Pic taken with an i-phone, whilst I missed him completely with the big camera. Oops!
Attachments
resize2  Eagle nikki IMG_4892.PNG
resize2 Eagle nikki IMG_4892.PNG (336.67 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
wavelength
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 20:07

by Ianfs » 01 Oct 2017, 07:57

Blimey Dave. How big was it?

Let's say a 3lb fish has about 1 1/2 lbs of meat on it assuming the bird didn't eat the head or guts etc. That's a lot of meat so it must have been a big bird to want more.

Amazing that it had learned to ask fishermen for a meal too. :)

Return to Fishing Forum