  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Fishing Forum

boat insurance

by gerald » 23 Apr 2017, 23:39

me and my m8 have just purchest our first boat , and thinking of going to lunch it for the first time ........do i need boat insurance to launch from oxwich bay.
gerald
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 26 Aug 2016, 00:20

by Ianfs » 24 Apr 2017, 08:56

Hi Gerald, welcome to the forum.

In answer to your question, unlike cars, where insurance is compulsory, it is not for boats. However if you are boating in an area where there is likely to be other boats or water activities, it is sensible to have some sort of third party insurance.

Oxwich bay eh? What a great place to boat. We have 2 other members who boat around the Gower, hopefully they will be along soon to offer some guidance.

Which make did you buy and what type?

by gerald » 24 Apr 2017, 22:43

the boat is a fisher 400 only a 12 footer .... just thaght i would try it out in the bay on a calm day.then i might get something bigger.
gerald
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 26 Aug 2016, 00:20

by Ianfs » 26 Apr 2017, 08:50

Good for you Gerald. I Googled it to find out what a Fisher 400 is like. She's basically a typical day fishing boat, great for recreational use.
I see from WSF forums you got her last August. :)

by gerald » 26 Apr 2017, 22:37

yes purchased in august.. but have not used it yet due to the weather. hoping for some good weather in the coming weeks, so i can get out on it .........and do some fishing.fingers crossed .
gerald
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 26 Aug 2016, 00:20