Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum

Looking to be the third wheel.....

by wakeniall » 26 Aug 2016, 15:11

Hi All,

New on here. I have a RIB at present and am a keen wakeboarder. Unfortunately as anyone will know who has ridden behind one the wake its less than ideal for progressing.

I am therefore looking to be a third (or perhaps, a 4th or 5th depending on the size of your crew!) so I can start to progress tricks behind a more suitable boat. The absolute dream would be to find someone on here with a wakeboard specific boat like a Mastercraft/Nautique/Malibu etc but aware not everyone has a spare £100k+ knocking around to invest in one of these. An inboard sea ray/maxum etc with a tower would be completely ideal also.

Of course will chip in for fuel and help with prep and wash down afterwards.

I live in London so anywhere within two hours would be ace. For weekends I have a place down in Brixham (South Devon).

If anyone is keen to partner up I am happy to pay in cash and/or beer!

Niall
wakeniall
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 26 Aug 2016, 11:33

by Xboatboyx » 26 Aug 2016, 17:45

Why not just join a wakeboarding club? It will probably work out cheaper than having a boat share if you only want to do it occasionally and i doubt many people would be up for sharing their boat out. Have a look at http://www.wakeplus.co.uk/club-membership/

You can have a 15 minute set for £25 or be a member for £350 and for that you get a proper ski boat with the gear and a teacher. My V8 Sportsboat can use between £80-£100 for a good days use at sea so going to the lake would be better value plus conditions would be more suitable for wakeboarding.

BTW not connected to this place but i think it would be a better option.

James
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by wakeniall » 30 Aug 2016, 09:42

Hi James,

Thanks for the link much appreciated, will check them out looks like a nice set up. Looking at the US forums, its quite popular to boat share just wanted to get a handle on whether there is an appetite for it over here. The problem for me isn't the cost more its that I find with the commercial boat lakes is its quite pressurised to fit everything in within your 15 minute set, was looking to take things a bit easier and enjoy a days worth of riding without feeling pressurised to destroy myself trying to fit in learning new tricks in such a small window. of time.

Best,

wakeniall
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 26 Aug 2016, 11:33

by mlines » 30 Aug 2016, 11:35

Down at Wakeplus tonight for Lesson 4!

We reckon if you choose your timeslot well (i.e quiet time) then the 15 minute slot pressure is not so great as they seem more relaxed then,
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

Return to Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum