• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 May 2024, 07:38

Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum

Sportsstuff Gyro - first time out

by NikTheGeek » 17 May 2015, 18:43

My 12 yo got this for Christmas:
http://www.boatworld.co.uk/Sportsstuff%20Gyro
and today was the first time out.

The video's are in HD, so maybe watch them on Youtube and select 720 or 1080.

It's designed to roll over and over with the rider hanging on for dear life - hence the nickname "Vomit Comet". It has a stainless pivot on the front of it. From a boat drivers point of view, it's not as dangerous to tow as it looks, it actually spins out a lot less than a tube - it has a nice rolling action as it goes over the wake.

I gather from Internet reviews that it depends on the weight of the rider. The heavier the rider, the more it rolls. But the rider also has some control and can lean inside it.

Inside, it has 4 grab handles, so you can hold on to any you can managed to grasp! Talking of inside, here is a shot of inside using a cheap Chinese GoPro copy:

Anyway, it was a blast. He got out and said "Best Christmas present ever!"

vomit2.jpg
vomit2.jpg (140.27 KiB) Viewed 7415 times

vomit1.jpg
vomit1.jpg (122.55 KiB) Viewed 7415 times

I'm yet to have a go....

Nick
Seadoo Spark (for now)
ʞǝǝbǝɥʇʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ
ɹǝzʇןǝɯsʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ʞooqǝɔɐɟ
User avatar
NikTheGeek
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker

Location: South Devon

by Matt13 » 17 May 2015, 19:00

That looks insane!
User avatar
Matt13
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by betty boop » 18 May 2015, 07:13

nuts! no way you'd get me in there :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Return to Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum