Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum

Learning to Wakeboard

by Ianfs » 04 Sep 2016, 21:06

That is amazing Martin, I'm so impressed with the way you have managed to stay up so easily.

by ChrisH » 05 Sep 2016, 18:47

Martin. Well done. Looking good. What speed are they towing you at?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by mlines » 13 Sep 2016, 20:21

Well in the interests of honesty, I have just had lesson 6 and seem to have regressed back to the equivalent of lesson 4. Perhaps I have peaked at lesson 5.

In the debrief they think I have a relaxation problem. As lesson 5 started well, I relaxed and the whole session went well. However I must have pulled a muscle in the top of my leg so it hurt for a few days. Therefore during lesson 6 I did not start well and was worried about straining my leg so was too tense and could not do it at all. Really disappointing.

I asked about boat speed, he said he goes initially to 12MPH , checks I am up and smoothly goes to 18MPH. Lower than that, eg 16 MPH it's difficult to keep the rope tense, above that it becomes to fast and hurts.

I have some arm exercises to do as homework :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 13 Sep 2016, 21:23

mlines wrote:Well in the interests of honesty, I have just had lesson 6 and seem to have regressed back to the equivalent of lesson 4. Perhaps I have peaked at lesson 5.

In the debrief they think I have a relaxation problem. As lesson 5 started well, I relaxed and the whole session went well. However I must have pulled a muscle in the top of my leg so it hurt for a few days. Therefore during lesson 6 I did not start well and was worried about straining my leg so was too tense and could not do it at all. Really disappointing.

I asked about boat speed, he said he goes initially to 12MPH , checks I am up and smoothly goes to 18MPH. Lower than that, eg 16 MPH it's difficult to keep the rope tense, above that it becomes to fast and hurts.

I have some arm exercises to do as homework :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A good effort Martin, there has to be setbacks or we'd all be pro before we know it..
Keep going with it and make sure you keep up with your homework!!! :mrgreen:
p.s. Looking forward to the footage of the 360 board grab, but no pressure... :D
(Is James joining you with the training?)

Previous

Return to Towing (Ski's, Wakeboard etc) Forum